AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

I did blow by it. It’s not a LNM issue, it is an issue with speed of the aircraft. As DownLow70 mentioned, it’s could be an AI issue within the sim.

1 Like

That’s default AI.
The sim AI engine has nothing to do with AIG
If I remember correctly, and if its the same as FSX & P3D (it has been a while), the speed of the airplane is in the route plan, as the aircraft conforms to departure and arrival times in the plan.
205 kts airspeed would be about .78 M (estimate only) at that altitude, what was your airspeed at the time?

1 Like

AI aircraft are kind of all over the place. Sometimes i have AI that doesn’t take off and keeps “driving” across the map.

This morning i was flying in Japan and i had a Korean 737 at FL400 on my side. It stayed on my TCAS all the time.

Unfortunately, Microsobo are not interested AI traffic.

They consistently ignore it in the live Dev Q&As.

2 Likes

I love it when they try to land in the long-stay car park :laughing:

Don’t think that because they didn’t answer it in the Q & A it means they aren’t interested.
If you look at the Feedback Snapshot, you will note there are two items there in the Wishes Category.

Item #9

and Item #17
Not sure if this is a valid link, but here is the line off the list:
17 Improved AI Systems, Supported by AIG? Under Investigation 2022

Both are scheduled for release this year.

1 Like

I was doing 474 kts groundspeed. That was M0.74. Maybe 210 KIAS. FL430. LNM was also reporting my groundspeed as 474 kts.
I blew by a 757, that was at FL410. LNM said the 757 was doing 210 kts groundspeed. It was going slow as molasses. I would guess it was almost stalling, but I have no way to know its KIAS.

1 Like

Some quick calculations:
You were 474 ground speed, at M.74 which is ( rough estimate only) about 210 kts IAS.

At 210 kt groundspeed, the 757 at FL410 would be about maybe 100kts IAS. A real life 757 would not even be at that altitude at that speed.

I’ve never seen that with AIG.
Does that occur often?

Some further research in the AIG config file for a PW equipped 757 (which is what Delta operates)
[REFERENCE SPEEDS]
full_flaps_stall_speed=115
flaps_up_stall_speed=135
cruise_speed=488
cruise_mach=0.8
crossover_speed=280
max_mach=0.86
max_indicated_speed=330
max_flaps_extended=225
normal_operating_speed=360
airspeed_indicator_max=513
rotation_speed_min=145
climb_speed=210
cruise_alt=36000
takeoff_speed=145
spawn_cruise_altitude=38000
spawn_descent_altitude=15000
best_angle_climb_speed=190
approach_speed=145
best_glide=210
max_gear_extended=250
spawn_altitude=15000

So again this is quite odd, and I’m not sure what is going on!

I’ve often seen airliners tooling along at 250kts G/S at altitudes of around 5000ft - correct speed of course for that altitude. But why would an airliner on a route of 2000 miles and nowhere near it’s dearture or destination be at that level? All this seen in LNM with AIG running.

Presume that refers to both Manager and Controller programmes?

Have to go into all my addon profiles and delete! The one time an addon manager programme is NOT useful!

Actually it’s easier just to take AIG out of my addons storage folder - it’ll no doubt throw up an error but it’ll serve as a reminder.

Hope we get it back soon as it works really well for me.

You don’t need to do that. Just don’t run the AI Manager.

Also If you use AI Traffic Controller it will still work fine and it does not connect to servers, so it is not a problem.

2 Likes

This was the first time I noticed it. And it wasn’t just that one 757, it was all the commercial aircraft as far as I could tell (per LNM). Later in the flight I blew past a Southwest 737 that was showing 211 kts groundspeed. I would believe it based on how fast I passed it (260 kt closure).
Yeah, when I do another flight, I’ll see if the issue repeats.

1 Like

Yes, I deleted everything even I emptied the recycle bin. I lost more than 300 airlines, each one with their different liveries and airplanes.

But in less than 24 hours magic happened :dizzy: thanks to Windows File Recovery APP :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-file-recovery/9n26s50ln705?activetab=pivot:overviewtab the best is that is FREE!!!

Afert learning how to use the APP I was able to recover more than 40,000 AIG files, everything in its corresponding folder!!! So from literally having NOTHING, I have again all my AIG AI TTRAFFIC!!! :raised_hands:

The Windows File Recovery APP is amazing. To delete files having an empty recycle bin doesnt mean that you have lost everything… not for this APP… Im telling you guys, I was able to recover EVERYTHING!!! Im SOOOO HAPPY!!! Simply Awesome!!! :star2:

3 Likes

It works with windows 11 , shows installed traffic, but…I opened the traffic manager to add more airlines…there are none showing. Same happens in P3D

AIM is not working at the moment, see my post (2533) above.

Please don’t use the manager for some time. AIG has server problems and starting the manager generates traffic.

I think there could be some kind of a “shift” between the numbers and what happens in the game. We have the same thing for take offs where the realistic speed value is being reached and you can see a very short take off roll.

The same thing could apply to cruise speed. Maybe we need to put something extra on top of realistic speeds in order to generate the right visual effect.

1 Like

That makes more sense, thanks for the info!

I’m happy for yuo, man :+1: I will keep this app near me just in case. Cheers!

1 Like

On another flight now. Same issue of very slow groundspeed on all AI aircraft.
Can anyone confirm this? Just want to make sure it isn’t only me. Just check a few Boeing/Airbus aircraft that are cruising in the FLs and see if their groundspeed is <250 kts or so. I use Little Nav Map to check the speed.