AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

the whole live traffic is (besides the one dev-diary) black magic so far. I am sure it can be improved by 3rd parties, but without any info in the SDK there is nothing to do, or even speculate about.

I do have some ideas what can be improved but the main goal for now is to get models, paints (for online and offline) and offline traffic in the Sim, after that we will see…

3 Likes

So looking forward to this. I’m currently slaving away manually adding converted FSX aircraft and then liveries, then adjusting Aircraft .cfg every time THEN adding AIG FP’s and its taking forever, LoL

Is it at least working? Are you getting the results you expected?

God have mercy on my FPS :smile:

Departures are on time, but getting them to land is problematic…they circle round and round before landing, or line up with the runway and cross the threshold @ 32,000 ft then disappear, sigh. Yet to see one land and taxi in, also they appear to be hitting speed bumps (briefly bouncing up, then down) when taxiing often. Dont know what thats all about…could be because its an FSX convert?

2 Likes

I have an extensive compilation of offline traffic - 100+ full FPs with 141 different models approaching 2,000+ liveries (at least) and have seen similar. Seems the game currently prioritizes take offs then will process landings (need to wait a while for take off traffic flow to clear up) - get lots of go arounds until it stabilizes.

I can say, having this level of Ai while impacting FPS (not unplayble in my case with older hardware), it really messes up things if you’re at a big airport with a limited number of runways in use. For example, at KCLT earlier today, there was only one runway being used for take off and landings and I had to wait more than 30 minutes to take off (must have been a line of 15+ Ai on the ground and a similar amount of go arounds trying to land).

I had hoped that todays Q&A will bring a bit more information, but sadly this was not the case. So no new updates from our end for you guys. We are still on track and some users are currently testing the the latest Update.

2 Likes

Jorg said they will get in touch.

1 Like

It sounded like they took more time to say what they intend to do about traffic, rather than address the actual question, which is unfortunate. Still it wasn’t a hard no from Jorg, so i remain hopeful. Maybe they decide to take you on board like the did with the WorkingTitle guys. That would probably be ideal, allowing you much better access to resources.

2 Likes

My heart started beating really fast when the question got asked hoping for a solid answer. Jorg seemed to really dance around it which doesn’t leave a good feeling. I really hope the do indeed get in touch. Even Jayne wrote in the chat to basically tell people to stop asking and that they would reach out lol.

4 Likes

Update: Improved AI System, Supported by AIG? - #92 by Kaiii3

5 Likes

So… they got in touch? Awesome!

2 Likes

Glad to here that you were contacted. Hopefully this bears fruit.
Chris

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t see why Asobo are procrastinating…The sim clearly needs a lot more work in areas other than AI (Hundreds of airports are wrong, either in gates, dethatched air bridges, taxi routes/signs missing/incorrect, just to name 3)

Asobo, leave the complete AI system to AIG, to free up your own resources!

2 Likes

I had today a nice and informative chat with him. I will keep you guys updated, as soon as we have some more information for the public :slight_smile: Enjoy the weekend^^

11 Likes

Glad you got in touch with them. Would be great if you could remind them that there still are some very experienced developers in the community, eager to help:

3 Likes

I just discovered a new world of flight sim with you ! I am so excited with this kind of products and the level of quality is insane ! I am impressed if there is no FPS hit !!!

I am not sure if it was asked before, is there plans to make model matching for VATSIM based on the planes you created ?

Can’t wait for the next updates and screenshots ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Any updates?

notthing big, that would require a extra update :wink:

3 Likes

An update from ASOBO? Perhaps you could tell if there have been any positive communications with ASOBO or how much work is required on their end?

It appears some people have existing models and liveries that AIGAIM OCI users working in MSFS2020 already…