AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

Well, I’m done buying airports sceneries. Check Mate ASOBO :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No, seriously, I’m gonna pass since it makes no sense.

1 Like

Not necessarily true. Git workflows are used in all development environments, from startups to huge companies. It´s the most common way to manage and control versions. It doesn´t produce any more results because their priorities. With a good QA control and dev ops teams the risk of producing bugs over time is the same as if they had less resource allocated.

It´s not what I want, is what many users want. To fix current bugs and issues instead of introducing more to the sim and leave things broken. It´s about functionality, not how much you can get “done”.

“They have a massive customer base across many segments and markets”, what? It´s about allocating project resources efficiently.

I’m still buying sceneries, but if there was no ai traffic coming it would make zero sense and I would quit the Sim.

Completely agree. I’m actually thinking of it. At least till they realize of their huge mistake. I week ago I began installing some P3Dv4 scenery addons and I haven’t looked back. I find spotting quite a deal. Not for everyone I guess…

3 Likes

Completely agree.
Traffic for me represents 50% of the sim.
No traffic = sim half dead.

16 Likes

Hello Kaiii3

my current OCI Setup (P3Dv4.5)

SimObjects = 327
Repaints/Fltsims = ??
Models = 217
Flightplans = 429
Size = 30.0 GB

Please explain me where I can see the number of repaints/fltsms ??
AIGAIM OCI, AIG_AI manager via Windows Explorer ??

D.A.N.K.E.

via windows explorer. Use texture.* in the searchbar

A reminder: In subforum “Dev Q&A: Submit Questions”, there is a thread called “What is the latest on AI & live traffic improvements?”. Since nearly all development for AI traffic for MSFS at AIG was halted due to the broken model and texture matching since the last update, and in case you are interested to get some answers, please go to the thread and place your vote to show your interest and urgency to get that fixed to Asobo. Thank you!

1 Like

That thread is way to broad to get some answers on that. On top of that, the thread talks about Live traffic as well. And the devs prefer that, so I bet they’ll talk about that.

If you want an answer about model matching, I bet this topic is better:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-work-is-being-done-on-allowing-us-to-create-schedules-for-custom-offline-traffic/402223

1 Like

Yes, maybe, but only 18 votes - oops, sorry just voted, now 19 -; so less chance to get on top of the list and thus on the agenda within just 1 week … ?

1 Like

I’m aware, but the answer you’re hoping to get from the topic you linked is probably not the one you will get.

I really really really wish that top voted topic had at least some more directed specific question.
And that there perhaps were two separate topics, one about online and one about offline. (because I don’t care about online at all honestly, however that’s what the devs like most)

1 Like

I actual hope to get an answer to this not via the Q&A but more direct from MS/ASOBO xD

2 Likes

NB: I’m not singly you out in quoting you @GridRisen, I’m just finding your comment is reflecting the following timeline of comments and I find some of these puzzling for the community:

I find the development of this story is actually sending quite a few disturbing messages both to the simmers and to the 3rd party vendors. Is Asobo (not just MSFT) actually aware of the help and knowledge you’re wanting to share with them @Kaiii3 ?

From what I got directly via Jörg I have the feeling that they slowly getting to understand the importance of AI and how it should work.
I discussed multiple important issues directly with Jörg as well as how we as a Group/Community can help and he forwared it to Seb and the other ASOBO developers to look into.
Based on the inital feedback it seems they understand most of them and are willing to improve/change stuff.
Jörg suggested a direct call with me this week to discuss more stuff, but I am waiting on a finale date for this call (last mail from last thursday). I hope to get asap with him in touch, so we can discuss how to move forward with AI traffic.

14 Likes

but yeah, it feels a bit like ping pong (sometimes it feels it is prio for them, and on the next day is is no longer that important) at the moment… TBH I am at least happy that I had the chance to talk with Jörg directly about the issues.

6 Likes

I am happy too that contact is going well and hopefully many issues can be solved in the future.

The live traffic system that they care about also uses the sim’s AI systems from what I can tell, so improving the AI will also improve live traffic, so it would also be a win for them in that department.

time for an development update :slight_smile:

Over the last days I have worked on the backend for the MSFS part of AIM and it looks like for now all needed features are added. This marks the next milestone on our roadmap for a public release.
Our Conversion-Team is working on updating/upgrading the models, so far we have around 6 or 7 aircraft types already converted and were able to keep backwards compability with the paints.

AIG OCI for MSFS will support glTF format Models as well as MDLX. A feature to upgrade from MDLX to glTF is panned, so in case an upgraded version is released later the tool will perform an inplace upgrade on the users system automatically (incl. all needed changes to the repaints).

As you kmight have heard there is currently a major bug within MSFS that prevents correct model matching even for offline AI. We at AIG have already a workaroudn for that under develolment that we might release as default installation method for offline AI in AIM. In case MS/ASOBO is not able to fix this, I will disable the BGL installation support in AIM to reduce possible support request on our end :wink:

Support for offline and online AI is still on the feature list and based on the talk with Jörg I had some weeks ago it looks like we will keep both features supported - more on that at a later date (when I had time to discuss some other stuff with Jörg).

Next milestones:

1. Start private alpha testing (DO NOT SEND ME ANY REQUEST!!! - I will pick the team, because this is not like early access, this is far more technical) - there will be a public beta before release :wink:
  2. Finishing the Database to incl. all published (glTF/MDLX) models and the needed information
  3. Create the conversion-data sets for lagacy MDLX textures (mostly FAIB Models)

Since we can fallback on our workaround for offline AI, we are still on track for a potential full release in Q4 this year.

24 Likes

Very curious about this…care to enlighten us a bit more?

1 Like

Thank you for this update, glad your still on track for Q4.

3 Likes