AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

Ah so you’re reliant on a Flight Plan then, that’s a shame as watching Flightradar24 there’s loads of smaller GA up near me (EGKA), so thought it would be cool to have the local skies populated with smaller aircraft.

Perhaps we can get more GA with AI Traffic but that’s for another mod i guess.

1 Like

data from flightware can be used to generate a representative flightplan (offline), that can then be used to inject the aircraft to the Sim - but thats a lot of work. But some members of our community are already working on it.

4 Likes

Dev-Update

Hijacking my own thread here for a short update on the 2nd Software Product users will need for offline AI. AIG Traffic Controller and some other stuff.

AIGTC is currently under heavy development since I have not planed to get a fully running version for MSFS out before our AIM release in Q4, but a current Bug in MSFS let me no other choice to get AIGTC running so testing of offline AI in MSFS can start.

While we ran the first “mass” AI tests on MSFS (actual you can not call it mass I have 20 out of 1000 Flightplans currently installed) we identified some critical issues within MSFS. I have forwarded my concerns via Mail and ZenDesk incl. a possible way to start fixing this (long term fixes).

AI (online or offline) within the Sim currently brings (at least for me) no joy to it, its more an immersion killer. Yes on all these previews it is looking nice and fancy, but these are “selected” images :wink:
While actual doing a flight from Berlin to Palma the other day I could not really enjoy the flight at all… In the end I had a full DIN A4 Page os notes regarding AI I needed to check after the flight…

AIM itself as an installer and manager is running fine (at least according to my testers) at the moment and I have started to do some redisgn on the UI so new users will have a better start (hope this will reduce support request).

13 Likes

Thanks for the update! For me and I am sure for many others, AIG is one of the most anticipated enhancements to the sim.

It would be great to know if your talks with Jorg & team have helped highlight the top bugs that are getting in the way, and if they agreed to fix them at some point.

(referring to major issues, not things like correct parking spots in airports etc)

Thanks again!

5 Likes

will keep you guys updated reagrading the cooperation with MS/ASOBO. The feedback snapshot is actual a good indicator of the current status.

9 Likes

This really isn’t encouraging :anguished:.

I know you guys are doing everything you can but it really does seem the sim itself is the biggest roadblock to giving us what we currently have in P3D into MSFS. Shame.

I am currently fousing on possible workarounds for some issues, hopefully they will have some effect

8 Likes

Keep up the hard work Kaiii… I for one would like to thank you for all you’ve been putting into this effort to fix AI in MSFS

5 Likes

please for my understand… aig it is no coming now in this year now? :cry:

I am still aiming for this year.

4 Likes

I believe in this year too.

I made today some progress with live traffic matching. Still a long way to go for 100% Repräsentation, but thats caused by the missing data by FlightAware…

So far 0 performance Impact, but this is by Design of MSFS and results in other issues…

17 Likes

Are you considering to use the parallax window textures, and maybe also a 3D cockpits later on to be more on a standard for MSFS?

Why would you need a 3D cockpit for AI Traffic? AI traffic models are made with the purpose of using as less polygons as possible and still looking good. Adding 3D cockpits would be counterproductive.

7 Likes

I was comparing the WIP AI models with the current MSFS AI models, that are actually well detailed.

Ehm, detailed? They are not. They dont even represent real planes, they are fictional. Unless you mean the A320 which is the flyable model used as AI and this will lead to a HEAVY performance impact.

1 Like

There’s also the AI A380. But well… yes, maybe 3D cockpits are indeed way too much in terms of perfomance but parallax textures shouldn’t be a problem unleast I am missing something. But I am not any good in modelling, so I don’t know how different modelling and texturing techniques affect perfomance.

But, have seen the default „A380“ (or whatever it should represent)? It doesnt look like an A380 at all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

actually the A320 , default, we have been using for months as live traffic/etc model. The inside cockpit and other stuff removed so no hit on FPS.

OCI will use AI models developed for use with AI, to keep the FPS impact as low as pissible. This means no 3D cockpit and no 3D cabin. Since these is stuff you mostlylike no even notice if you are watching AI from a normal distance.

Designers within the community have year long experiance when it comes to add as many details to a model without getting a two heavy performance impact.
The latest “visual” improvement added by some developers are opening cargo-bay doors for AI SimObjects.

6 Likes