AIG Live Traffic and Traffic Controller -- CTDs Due to Legacy File Change in SU10!

Unfortunately today after further testing can confirm this workaround is no good. I can load in and last night I could actually fly around and land without any CTD. Today I can’t even taxi to the runway withut a memory CTD. All of the folders / files I deleted are back in place. Tried deleting them again just to see if that made a difference, but still no go. I tried the ELT- but there’s no comparison between AIG- duplicates all over, planes jumping all over the place, flybys left and right. I guess for me deleting FAIB objects remains the most stable alternative to no traffic at the moment.

3 Likes

Okay, weird. Haven’t seen this message on any of the CTDs related to AIG.

Also AIG TC runs fine for me :man_shrugging:

@moxiejeff and others; I tested this fix with AIG loaded in and a .vmr that includes most of the models. I was able to load into KBOS just now and was able to do some spotting for around 20ish mins before I got a CTD. Workaround at this point looks like it delays the “inevitable”.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks Nerbulus. @Kaiii3 FYI

Great tip solved the issue here local

Worked for a while. CTD on the climb out of KORD :unamused:

1 Like

UPDATE: So I actually followed what I posted. Managed to leave KSEA for CYYC without the sim crashing right before taxiing to the runway. If I manage to land at CYYC without crashing, I’ll give this some merit as to it being a some sort of solution. Thus far SU10 in any flight, it crashes anywhere from 5 to 20 miles from touchdown. Halfway to CYYC as we speak.

UPDATE: Made it to CYYC, and at the gate deboarding FBW A32NX. First time in SU10 Beta completing entire flight without CTD somewhere in between. I won’t call it a wrap just yet, I will wait to see if the CTD’s rear their ugly head down the road. Which brings me to another thought…

Those who have done this, and have had CTD’s returning, try deleting just the CVT folder in community before every sim startup, and report back.

It’s really disappointing that the Community always has to fix the issues which Asobo introduce to each update.
If you look closely this sim update is not as good as you think.

• Better performance
  • AI Traffic broken
  • Graphic Glitches
  • CTD’s
  • Weather broken

Bladerunner, technically the AI traffic is not broken. It just does not work with AIG as it once did. AIG is a third party add-on. And Just like any other add-on, it may break with any sim update.

Also this is a Beta. Bugs, glitches and CTD’s are almost a given. These issues may very well be addressed by the time we get SU 10 official.

What I DO have a problem with, is that there is no straightforward way of opting out of the Beta. Opting out on the Steam side for instance is a joke. It will not work, Unless you have made backup copies of the Sim’s folders. So we are stuck on the Beta until the official release again.

Thankfully I DID make backups, and I’m going to opt out and restore my backups. However users should not have to go through hell, to opt out. It should be a one click affair and done.

8 Likes

Feel free to DM me.

Got a CTD with AIG in the community folder and during the Maverick Carrier Landing… I removed AIG, not sure if I can attribute the CTD to that specifically but it happened :person_shrugging:

And this was after you did the workaround, correct? I guess technically it could be another issue. But it seems a few of the testers are still getting CTDs after the workaround. So far, I haven’t had a single crash since the workaround but will continue testing.

1 Like

super weird, I did a flight from VIDP to KBOS - 14 hour flight. It was all good until I touched down at KBOS and making the turn off the runway. Since then I haven’t been able to taxi to runway 22L. Right before I cross 15R the sim crashes every single time. Was thinking maybe its something else causing it this time but removing every other addons it still causes the CTD with AIG.

It has been broken for a few sim updates.

Midair Flight Traffic no longer spawns at cruising altitude, it always spawns at or near the player’s current altitude, and it won’t go above 250 knots speed. This also happens with Asobo’s default traffic file, not just AIG’s traffic. I don’t know the full details, Kaiii3 knows more, but this isn’t the thread for that. Asobo knows all this, it has been reported.

MS Live Traffic spawns fine, but that’s because it’s injected and moved based off data from Flight aware, it isn’t true AI when it’s in between airports. AI fully takes over for departure/approach and taxi. Once it gets to a certain altitude then it’s moved based off the live traffic data. Based on my observation.

I use AIG models as a replacement for regular stock models for default Live Traffic, but don’t use AIG Traffic controller. I’ve done about a dozen flights so far on SUX Beta with AIG models clearly being used and haven’t had a crash I can relate to that yet. The only CTD I’ve encountered was in mid flight when there was no traffic anywhere near me. I’ve been to major and small airports where AIG models are being used without issue.

Seems that it’s another case of “the most consistent part of MSFS is how inconsistent the experience is from user to user”.

1 Like

Do you use AIG Traffic controller?

Now that you mention it, I have not noticed any traffic midair either. Just arriving/departing at airports. Yep- I’m definitely opting out, and back to SU9.

I try the fixes about clean cache and other folders but I still get crashes when i move the camera around the airports if I stay plane camera without moving the plane doesn’t crash but once I have ai traffic and I move the camera to see them crash without any messages

1 Like

Huh, strange… when I was doing my planespotting at KBOS the sim CTD’d as I crossed 15L with the drone cam. Different runway, but strange it caused a CTD in a similar manner to yours. Maybe it wasn’t AIG after all and I’m just getting random CTDs for some other reason? That might explain why it CTDed at the Maverick challenge when there was 0 AIG traffic loaded.

Yeah same here if I do drone cam planespotting around the airport I get a CTD eventually.