AIG Live Traffic and Traffic Controller -- CTDs Due to Legacy File Change in SU10!

the only solution at the moment: Wait for the next Beta Update for MSFS :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™m allready waiting :wink: May I ask if you have any insight if it will be fixed?

planed for the next Beta update, at least based on the news from Asobo.

4 Likes

For me is work with vatsim, I not use the TC controller just the models and vatsim.
I have removed the AIGā€¦OCI beta, delete the cvt folder, start the MSFS, closed and move the folder OCI back into community. After itā€™s work for me.
Again I not use TC.

When ist this Beta Update sheduled?

no data provided so far by Asobo or MS

Going by their normal update schedule for big updates I would predict Tuesday; 1500-1600z to be more exact.

Frustrating as I only fly on vatsim. MSFS goes back on the shelf until a fix is out.

I donā€™t find that specific folderā€¦ all the rest was no problem
here is that ā€œcacheā€ folder what I cant find :frowning:

and another thingā€¦ I accidently deleted DCE folder itself? am I still in the safe?

Are you on Steam version. If yes, follow the directions on this link: AIG Live Traffic and Traffic Controller -- CTDs Due to Legacy File Change in SU10! - #194 by VIPER883

Donā€™t know the answer to your 2nd question! Hope all is fine.

Deleted mentioned files. Works fine. No crash.

It does not work ā€œfineā€ at all.
Live Traffic does not depart from airports.
And furthermore the sim crashes even with the described fix.

1 Like

I can only say that I follolwed CaptRoch exactly, reloaded latest AIG file and have all traffic restored, no CTD ā€¦ yet I do not fly VATSIM ā€¦ great advice!

Does aircraft depart from Airport?

Hey all ā€“ since I created this bug thread, thought it might be useful for any newcomers to notate a few things:

1. The developer (AIG) has been in talks with Asobo on this bug. Asobo is looking into it.
  2. The ā€œworkaroundā€ works for some; several others, though, the CTDs came back eventually after deleting all the cache files/folders.
4 Likes

Reading through the comments on this thread, seems the workaround only seems to work some of the time, or for a certain period. probably because clearing the cache folders prevents the crash at startup but at some point in the flight if one of the faulty models is loaded back in, the CTD returns. Would explain why some people donā€™t get CTDs after doing the workaround - they happen to have done flights where those models werenā€™t needed.

Hopefully the next beta build will include a fix.

4 Likes

I deleted all the AIG folders, ran MSFS without it enabled acouple of times, and then reinstalled/recreated it all again, and so far no issues at all. All working perfectly with the G36.

If you read the posts above, your CTDs may come back in a while. Hence why weā€™re saying Asobo is looking into it.

Iā€™ll enjoy it while i can. I made a backup of the AIG folders after the first flight, maybe that will save some time, the next time around. Might be worth a shot. :slight_smile:

I had done the cache deletions as instructed here which relieved the breakpoint errors. However, I was still getting ā€œmemory cannot be readā€ errors with AIG. I found that switching to DX12 has prevented these memory errors to occur. I have not gotten one yet since doing that using both PSXT and vPilot for VATSIM.

This was verified to work for one other person as well who was getting the same errors as me. Hopefully this works for any of you having the same issues.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like