Air Manager Instruments sharing thread

Now that Sim Innovations have made many of their payware instruments compatible with MSFS, as well as more compatible community instruments showing up, Air Manager is now even more viable for use with MSFS. So we’re likely to see heavier use of it over for our simming needs.

However, the community instruments section in Air Manager is still slim when it comes to MSFS instruments, ****a̶n̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶ a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶v̶a̶l̶ t̶i̶m̶e̶ f̶o̶r̶ a̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ n̶e̶w̶ i̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ e̶v̶e̶n̶ s̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ t̶h̶a̶n̶ g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶d̶d̶-̶o̶n̶s̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ t̶h̶e̶ M̶S̶F̶S̶ m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶t̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶. So I figured we could heave this thread to share our own instruments that we’ve developed or modified for MSFS.

If you’re going to share instruments here, I would strongly suggest that we have 1 sharing post per person (as mine is below) that we can edit over time to add new instruments to in order to keep this thread from becoming excessively long and make things hard to find. Basically, 1 post sharing new instruments per person.

I’ll have my instrument library open for anyone to browse but I will sort plane types in folders.

**** I’ve been informed that Sim Innovations now has someone dedicated to reviewing and approving instrument submissions for their community instrument library and that the once sizeable backlog is almost fully cleared.

**** UPDATE - NOV 25, 2021

Google drive link is gone. All my instruments have now been submitted to the Simstrumentation group. Our work is available on GitHub here:

13 Likes

All instruments have now been removed from my Google Drive and are now available on the Simstrumentation GitHub page :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a great idea. I will see what I can share.

1 Like

commenting to keep up with this post. :smiley:

Brilliant idea CMeister - thank you. Regards, Alasdair.

New instrument added: CJ4 Standby flight instrument bezel. Standalone instrument to follow.

1 Like

New instrument added: Cessna Citation CJ4 landing gear handle.

@FLRob27 - you may want the new CJ4 bits I’ve added. I’m quite likely going to work on the light and de-ice panels next.

1 Like

New instrument added: Cessna CJ4 Light Panel

1 Like

Nice!! It’s been a couple months since I’ve been into it. I started a new job and it being summer time right now I’m not spending much time on the sim.
I checked out your light panel and it looks good!!

We do need a better place to share AM Instruments!

Yeah. The actual Air Manager store is even more backlogged than the MSFS marketplace when it comes to getting submitted instruments into their store. And they don’t like instruments that don’t run on only MSFS and not X-Plane, so I’m told.

So for now this is the best I’ve got.

Hopefully you can incorporate some of my instruments into your panels.

BTW, your ALT knob and starters for the CJ4 don’t work. Haven’t tried troubleshooting them as of yet.

Thanks, i’ll take a look. I haven’t even been able to play for a couple weeks due to it crashing to desktop while doing updates. I deleted the update package and it redownloaded it and moved on but now I’m stuck at 17% and I think it’s stalled out on another decompressing issue. I’ve been pretty lucky and haven’t had as many issues as others on the forum but this past update has killed everything for me.

Sorry to hear the update knocked you out like that.

I’m going to take a look at the logic on the ALT knob to see if I can get it working. For the starters though, I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with fuel flow. It just hangs on the N2 and never ignites. Not sure what’s wrong with it and not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Coming Soon:

CJ4 anti-ice panel - Once the TBM panel is debugged, I’ll be able to reuse a lot of its base code to create this panel. The biggest job on this really will be the graphics.

Combination of the CJ4 backup flight instrument and bezel - these 2 instruments will become one and replace the standalone flight instrument. I’ll leave the bezel there for anyone that prefers to use the pop-up version from MSFS.

Garmin GFC 700 autopilots for TBM930 - this one is going to take a while, but I have the bezel and buttons laid out and working. Some of the simpler single press functions already work. But I need to work on the code for the knobs and dials.

Potentially some instruments for the Longitude as well in the future. We’ll see how good I get at building these. Right now, I’m learning to set up the graphics and learning to program the stuff. It’s pretty time-consuming. But I’m getting faster!

1 Like

TBM 930 anti-ice panel added to my listing above.

1 Like

TBM Cockpit is looking decent. The touch screen controller won’t live there forever. Whenever Asobo decide to get around to properly implementing touch support (sometime between now and the heat death of the universe), that controller will move out to my iPad running SpaceDesk.

Otherwise, everything works including the buttons and dials on the touch screen controller.

3 Likes

Added fuel shutoff and primer handle for C152

1 Like

New CJ4 Instruments added to my post above.

• Ice protecton panel
  • Repaired version of FLRob24’s autopilot panel
  • Enhanced versin of FLRob24’s Lower CCP. Zoom and panning joystick now working
  • Lower starter control panel - Repaired broken starters on FLRob’s original panel
1 Like

Added alternate static air valve for Cessna 172.

1 Like

Added G3000/5000 bezel overlay

1 Like

@Crunchmeister71 Many thanks to you and to @FLRob27 for this excellent work.
I am using the CJ4 panels and they work like a charm

Have you tried the knobster along with the CJ4? Any feedback how useful it is?