Airbus A310-300

How do I cancel the alert sound when I disconnect the Autopilot?

Incredibly annoying.

2 Likes

Press the AP disconnect button(keybind) twice.

Note: AP disconnect is not the same as Toggle AP.

Trying to figure out something in the FMC. Iā€™ve been getting a line that says (LIM) along with an altitude restriction, and canā€™t seem to change it. Could anyone help me understand it? Is it just something to help manage speed? Thanks.
lim.PNG

That is a 210 IAS speed limit for <=10000ā€™ altitude.

1 Like

What Nixon says. But I do think you can delete it by pressing the right line keyā€¦? But working from memory guessing here.

Is that an airframe or non-U.S. limit? 14CFR 91.117 still says 250 kts IAS below 10,000ā€™.
Regards

I do not know the answer to that.

Iā€™ve not noted how the FMS handles potential constraints in SIDs or STARs. Itā€™s possible there is some sort of specific restriction for a given area or path?

1 Like

Very well could be related to the selected procedure.
Regards

1 Like

Anyone who have problem about nosewheel? It wonā€™t center itself after pressing Num5 button. I have steering option turned ON

For some reason when using ARPT in the EFIS, it shows literally all the airports around you, is not possible to change this and just show the airport where the aircraft is capable of land at? Like a minimum rwy distance? It is a bit annoying having like 40+ airports in the nav display when the range is 60NM+ lol

1 Like

I have learnt and flown the A310 mostly on xbox. Great plane to fly and finally a good airliner on console. One thing I donā€™t seem to get the hang on is VOR navigationā€¦I have read some comments saying it is not working at the moment? Is that right or do I need to find a good tutorial showing how it is used on this plane?

1 Like

In the official iniBuilds channel they uploaded a series of video with some tutorials for the a310, there they do a VOR approach so I would say it works. I recommend you to take a look.

2 Likes

The VOR of the A310 has correct indications but the V/L mode of the A/P does not work. I think the developer is aware for the problem. As it is for the moment you can only do manual VOR navigation.

4 Likes

OK, everything seems to be great, except one thingā€¦ When flying the A310, I hear the ATC talking, but it skips voiceovers for MEā€¦ It just quickly shoots text and doesnā€™t verbalize my responses. I can only hear the other side talking. Moreover, it seems to affect all aircraft I use AFTER I fly the A310. For example, if I were to do a flight on PMDG 737 after flying this, I seem to run into the same issue. If I flew PMDG 737 before the A310, there are no issues with ATC. Any insight?

They are aware of the issue. Itā€™s been written up as a bug.

1 Like

OK. Good to know I am not crazy. :wink:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t managed to fly the 310 yet usual problem I see the plane in the hangar I choose the airport I launch it charge for a while and then it throws me out

This bug is sticky between aircraft while in same sim session, MSFS needs rebooted to clear. Itā€™s a very annoying bug that has been around for 15 months, but the A310 is the aircraft that sends sim into the ATC error mode fastest sadly, a huge distractor for me. I love this aircraft, but am avoiding it because of this issue.

3 Likes

When using Auto-throttles, is there a way to see the position of my own throttle so they can be aligned when disengaging the Auto-throttle? The PMDG 737 has the option to show a ring on the N1 which allows me to align my own throttle with the Auto-throttle position. Throws me off sometimes on short final when disengaging the Auto-throttle and my manual throttle is misaligned.

2 Likes

I still fly it, a lot. But Iā€™ve given up on default ATC. Donā€™t think itā€™ll be sorted out in the foreseeable future.

2 Likes