Airbus A310-300

When I am using it I just do ATC audio and my own quiet and live with it like that which is marginally better than no ATC or indeed the orther way around. It’s annoying since it was bugged but not this bad prior to patching things. Maybe it’s just me but I’m very used to using in game ATC (as quirky as it can be at times) and hate flying without ATC.

Heya all!

To recap some of the things y’all have talked about in the last 100ish posts:

• Yes, we are aware of the V/L currently not working and are already working on a fix for that.
  • The ATC issues have been worked on already and we are currently testing the fix in our internal build
  • Engines still consuming fuel during pause is also known and being worked on

If y’all have any more questions don’t hesitate to tag me, I’ll get to you asap :slight_smile:

15 Likes

No, the A310 doen’t have any features like that (as the real AC doesn’t have it either)

What I normally do is spool up the engines to 60% N1 wait for them to stabilize and then press the TOGA button. So when I disconnect the ATHR system I know the engines will be at around 60% and can act from there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for continuing to improve the A310. I’m really enjoying this aircraft. Here are a few things I’ve come across:

• Aircraft overshoots route on profile occasionally. Even for shallow angles.

• Pressurization is hit and miss 50% of the I would say. Sometime cabin pressurizes, sometimes nothing. Manual modes are no use here.

• Profile descent is very aggressive. I think this might be just due to the top of descent being calculated so close to destination while using M0.82 for descent speed. Though I understand in this aircraft were supposed be proactive in its management. I’ve seen 5000-6000’/min descents.

• CDU in the flight plan page, when trying to enter constraints or winds. The return LSK does not work. I have to press the flight plan key and exit that way.

• Fuel used in the fuel flow gauge is off. Always seems to show less fuel burned than what the flight plan and the total fuel on board shows. The discrepancy increases with time flown.

Thanks again for a great product. Looking forward to an A300 :wink:

9 Likes

Is it possible for you to have another closer look at the Flaperon system at slats 1, flaps 0 setting for the FS2020 A310, as your XP version has it correctly implemented. That’d be awesome! Thanks in advance…

Kind regards.

Heya :]

Thank you for reporting :slight_smile:
1,2,4 and 5 are all known and being worked on. And yeah, profile descent is as good as you’d expect it to be in a 1970s plane. Most or at least some airlines didn’t even use Profile mode because it just wasn’t all that good haha

Super glad to hear you enjoy our product so much and yeah, we already are looking forward to the A300 as well, I’m sure y’all will love it just as much as the A310 :]

9 Likes

I’m sorry, could you elaborate please? What exactly isnt working at Slats/Flaps 15/0?

Good evening.

English is not my native language, so please bear with me if I use a different phraseology.

If you check out YouTube for example, there are videos that show that show the take off on an A310 without flaps deployed to eg. 15 degrees, but the ailerons deflected downward by 11 to 18 degrees. Thats a feature which was introduced with the A300 and was used for the A310 as well. Your XP version of the A310 has this feature, while the MSFS version does not. In MSFS one can set the slats to one, with flaps 0 (or not deployed), but the ailerons will remain in neutral or 0 degrees down.

Heres a wing view video from the real A310, its from the start at minute 00:05

And here is the A310 from inibuilds for XP, its at minute 41:00 quite well visible

I really love the A310 and I love your products, therefore I kindly ask you to check into this and perhaps fix it. It wiuld be really awesome and highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

ooooh, gotcha. I now know what you mean.
If I remember correctly, only the animation for that is missing; the actual effect the downward deflected ailerons have is modelled accordingly.
But of course the animation is important too, I shall note this one in our internal feedback thread!

Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks for taking note of this issue. On another note, will the Emirates Airlines old liveries follow for the A310? It was with them in December of 1998 and January of 1999, that i had my first A310 flights. I still remember the sticker for the “Dubai Shopping Festival 1999” om the rear of the fuselage.

@all finally, I’m looking for a livery from the old National Airlines, which merged with Pan Am in January 1980 and would be happy, if there was a talented painter who could help me out… :blush:

Kind regards.

1 Like

@iniBuildsNic hello nic, is there any way you could send this to your team and change the way the airports are displayed in the nav display? Thank you!

Liveries are all community made, so I unfortunately can’t guarantee for any liveries to come :confused:

Heya Degxl :]

Thank you for bringing this up!

At this moment in time, we access a lot of the navdata information from the WASM API built by Asobo. At the moment the ability to filter which runways are shown on ND by runway length is not possible.

Certainly something, that would be added in future as the API develops though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No worries, wanted to put the question in after seeing these paints on the inibuilds website for the XP version. Thanks for the support. :blush:

Kind regards.

Hi, I was not mistaken after all. The wipers on the A310 wipe (I still find very ingenious) sometimes the drops away and sometimes not. I have not yet found out what conditions must be met, when they do it and when not.

what i haven’t tested yet is that it might be due to the additional liveries. would that be possible?

So far I’ve never seen them not wipe, though if you find a way, please do let me know on how to achieve that :slight_smile:

any chance y’all will be revisiting the 3d model of the mildly janky right wingtip?

1 Like

Hey there, any comment from your side regarding the mysterious different comments about the simbrief import through the FMC from a lot of pc useres would be interesting :thinking:.
For example even without an, except Navigraph, empty community folder the direct simbrief import is not possible (just a quick pending message) for me.
Are you working on this issue?
Otherwise a big thank you for developing this great airplane!

Yup, also working on this one :slight_smile: Only a small % of users still has this issue, but we are working with some people who still have the issue to figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s also already on our internal feedback thread, yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes