Airbus A310-300

Yeah duh… Sorry I was thinking 737-300 not A310 In real world I have had that exact write up the switch not being in VOR and was in NAV

My understandings of VOR nav is a bit rusty but this course surely should be the (55+180)=235deg radial TO that VOR not the 55 deg radial, which you wouldn’t pick up until you are past the VOR then it would be the 55 deg radial FROM that VOR.
Forgive me if I have this wrong though.

The route i fly is EGBB - EGPF, just use the world map to put yourself on a gate of your choosing at EGBB and program the fmc using the information from simbrife, be sure to get all the information correct ie fuel weight, aircraft weight etc etc, you will also need the ils frequency for EGPF, once you have got your head round it, it becomes very easy

Does anyone know how to add those waypoints for flying over the Atlantic… My first every time trying to do such a flight in the A310 but not recognizing waypoints such as 58N020W etc

Simbrife should give you a detailed flightplan, have not tried a transatlantic flight yet, so can’t really answer your question

Yep she’s very easy to fly once you get it all down.
I fly on VATSim almost every day.

Gonna test that route tomorrow morning and see what in-sim ATC I get.

1 Like

Yes simbrief will do this for you, I did a Westbound flight on Friday UK to US

Baja2506559
No problem.

BragRaindrop933
Yes, you are right about the radials. But that does not change the fact that the VOR navigation in the plane does not work correctly. Example of another aircraft:

Hi @EllsGaming

Can you help me out for a moment with regards to the cabin pressurization. Today I left Rotterdam in rain, heading for Pula. I had the packs on during flex takeoff with continuous ignition on too. APU bleed and APU both disconnected. Landing altitude pre-selected at 150 feet during departure checks.

Takeoff and climb out. Running the after takeoff checklist, gear off, cont ignition off and then no pressurisation. Switching the system to 2 and 1, no difference. Switching to manual control, valves open and close, but zero impact on the cabin pressure. At FL230 I decided to descent to return to FL080 to at least stabilize the cabin pressure there and give the system another go at it, yet the cabin alt remained at ~100 feet, the VS indicator remained leveled and basically nothing was happening in any way.

Experimented with packs on and off and bleed valves on and off, even restarted the APU for APU bleed, running valves and checks but nothing.

Is it safe to conclude that the cabin pressurization system needs some developer-love? Or am I really really really missing something?

I still think the course line position depends on whether it’s a to/from thing no?I’m really not that familiar with the G1000 unfortunately I hate those GPS units. I may go give this particular VOR a try in the warrior.

Edit: just tried the warrior. I think you are right it does seem flipped.

Thanks for the increased resolution in the base pack! I can finally read what the switches do :smiley: I still spotted some switches in very ugly unreadable quality though: the knobs of the EFIS control panel. Not sure if it’s a bug on my side or you maybe forgot them. Would be great if you could fix them in a future patch.

EDIT: During daylight it’s readable, but in dark conditions and panel light is turned on, it is very very blurry.

Turbo Arrow works fine too.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply :smile: I’ve just found how to import my flightplan from simbrief… Only realised, by clicking around, that I found it… Now that was a bonus :rofl:
Through that, I’ve discovered how those waypoints I had trouble with are written in the FMS when it was inputed automatically, 5940N, 5750N etc and not 58N020W, 57N050W etc

Yes I always go back to the piper arrow or warrior to get my head around VOR nav. Must go do a refresh once in a while. They are the best for it, they also 100% work for NAV so are a good ref point.
I think you are right and it is flipped/wrong by 180. Depends on how the A310 interprets from and to, but the course of 55 should lead you there on that 235 radial.

Another ? how do you get the A310 to nav to a VOR anyway. with flightplan loaded, if I switch the NAV swithch to VOR and enter a VOR frequ in it, the aircraft still follows the flightplan instead or am I missing something? Maybe I need to go play with it for a while with no flightplan. Perhaps there is another step to engage VOR nav radial tracking that we are missing.

@EllsGaming

On my last two flights I noticed the Chrono/Stopwatch is running too slow. I takes 1m29 secs of real time to reach 60secs in the A310 stopwatch.

That’s totally strange and unexpected. The clock is showing the correct Zulu time all the time.

Regarding the WASM compiling or lack thereof issue, would anyone be able to tell me if mine’s compiled properly from looking at the work folder contents?

This is what’s there currently for me, I’ve not had the initial 10 min load time that other people have mentioned so I’m not sure if my plane’s doing what it’s supposed to or not.

wasm

I have a couple of questions please. I always start my flights at a gate or stand and I’m expecting the aircraft to be cold and dark. However, every time, the aircraft is powered on with engines running for a moment and then immediately powers down completely by itself. Is this behaviour normal and to be expected? I’m using Xbox Series X if it makes a difference.

On the chronometer, I start the stopwatch every flight before takeoff. However, I’ve noticed that once the flight time exceeds 59 minutes, the minute counter reverts to zero but nothing is indicated for the hour mark. Should there be an hour counter as well, next to the minute counter, when the flight time goes beyond 59 minutes?

Lastly just an observation or two about the textures. I’m using the latest beta update, however I’ve noticed that the textures for the panel of buttons used to view the different ECAM pages is still very blurry when the panel lights are on.

Are there any plans to improve the resolution of the exterior of the aircraft on Xbox Series X? It doesn’t appear that the latest beta has changed much, if anything, to the exterior model.

Thank you.

2 Likes

What is the “F270” waypoint listed in Simbrief right after taking off from runway 16L, KSEA? I always notice this format in any given flight plan.

• bob

…and do I enter it as a waypoint in the 310 MCDU?

Me to and it is the only aircraft that suffers sooo badly!