Airbus A310-300

Thank you for that very technical explanation. I do remember seeing those ‘A.FLOOR’ warnings a few times in the A320NX. (Usually shortly after takeoff mind you). I will keep in mind the disengage/re-engage ATHR as that seems to be the only way to get it to stop it from climbing in a stall (along with a manual nose down). Or better still I’ll try to avoid the stall and manually increase speed at altitude.
I still have no idea why it came out of PROFILE as I had left it climbing in PROFILE and was busy in simbrief looking at potential stars to use when the stall kicked warning kicked in.

22 Likes

Now that is awesome!!!

4 Likes

That’s awwesome. I do prefer printed manuals to reading pdfs.
Suitably old tech for the age of the aircraft. It has a 90’s retro sim vibe too :grinning:

2 Likes

You see I’m too geeky and have them on my iPad on a desk stand lol
But then I have Navigraph on that too

2 Likes

EllsGaming I just tried the VOR approach into LOWI planning on doing the 08 visual but it was IMC when I arrived. Went for it and botched the VOR approach and went to overshoot. I hit the TOGA button and the engines spooled up and aside from much user error, I didn’t realize until I went to the exterior view that the speed brakes had fully deployed so climbing out was a challenge haha.

Is that a bug or is the normal procedure for a go around to disarm speed brakes before hitting the TOGA button?

I got a “translate” icon for the manual. Apparently web sites can’t read dash one’s! :rofl:

2 Likes

when i am hitting auto throttle nothing happens. yesterday it was working. did i forget something?

edit: looks like i forgot to flip the ats switches lol

Ok reduce speed earlier made all the difference. If I was gonna do it again I would make a pseudo-waypoint prior to Filmore FIM at 215 and reduce the speed to 200 at FIM. then id adjust 10kts less other than final approach speed.

When I was slowing down at Fillmore I was on vertical track but I went high a dot & 1/2 high waiting for the plane to bleed of speed and it always struggled to get back to being on the center of vertical track after that

it flew right down to the DA and leveled out on speed I disconnected the auto pilot at that point flew it in I was a little late on hitting the record button and missed capturing that level out at MDA you can see the speed window had switched to 141 final approach speed at that point

all in all good

hope this helps out

2 Likes

ON XBOX X

The ATC on the A310 It’s just messed up that’s all there is to it. I have not flown to CJ but the rest of the planes I have flown the ATC has been normal no issues for me.

Hi is there anybody experienced the auto pilot cannot function after precisely set up the FMC.

Hi,

For the go around procedure you need to check that the spoilers are disarmed. The 310 is quite tricky on this front as you don’t get an ECAM like on the 320. Also you are not supposed to use the speed brake when 30/40 but unlike the 320 that auto retracts them the 310 allows it but warns against doing so in the procedures.

Hope this helps.

Great suggestions. I’m inbound for another try (in the latest update 1.16.0), got the speed restrictions programmed into the MCDU, maybe this is going to be the lucky one :slight_smile:

Also, I entered the MDA in the FINAL/APP page during climbout, clicked on the line select key next to where it says “FINAL 3.00”, and thus already activated (or armed) FINAL/APP mode. I never did this on any of the other attempts. And I probably should not have done it this early.

1 Like

Might be a bit of a daft question, the landing elevation if you enter 1 is that 1 foot or 100ft?

Great, thanks for your replay.

@EllsGaming Thought I’d mention that at least a chunk of my A310 FPS / cpu mainthread issues are now resolved, and I’m not even on the beta for the A310. It was unfortunate that SU11 came out along with the anniversary content, as well as new NVidia drivers and other windows updates, as it made things very hard to debug or attribute to any one specific thing.

DX12 was my original suspect so I initially switched back to DX11 which was better, but I kept DLSS on, but I have been seeing quite a few stutters on takeoff & approach (very unusual for me) since SU11 came out so I suspected it was SU related, and tonight after playing around I finally found out that turning DLSS off and running with DX11+TAA gives me SU10 levels of fps/fluidity including with the A310 which now feels more like how it should be FPS / performance wise.

Worth mentioning if others haven’t tried this already or are still using DLSS. I’m really not sure what MS/Asobo did to SU11 that took out a completely fluid DX12+DLSS experience in SU10, but it seems to be the case. Anyhow, I’m not the only one who seems to have seen performance issues post SU11 as other threads suggest. It’s nice to have fluidity back in the sim & the A310 though, finally after over a week. All looking good now.

2 Likes

1 = foot🦶no questions are bad

And I’m happy to say that I FINALLY was able to do a complete RNAV approach in PROFILE mode! The trick was to slow down very early, be fully configured with gear down and landing flaps before FAP as well as select “FINAL 3.00” on the TO/APPR page in the MCDU.

I always forget something though. This time to set the auto brakes. I can see why two pilots are required at the flight deck.

Hopefully at some stage there will be a FS2Crew release for the A310.

2 Likes

i went back to the old version because I like the gpws callouts so much

Quick question for those who have read everything - I’ve learned to set custom cockpit views for most planes using Alt Ctrl 1 to 9 … which doesn’t seem to work in the A310. I read above that the Ctrl (0-9) views are locked to the checklist “eyeball view” buttons. Does this mean we can’t set custom views at all? I couldn’t find a definitive answer. Thanks.