Airbus A310-300

I can’t control the throttle with my controller…any other plane does perfect… sometimes the atc voice goes in and out…it doesn’t stay on flight plan about 150 miles out or so it flys off to the left loosing all control .and I’m on the beta one…all other planes and heli does great

I wanted to report that as well. The plane cuts corners on steep turns or does a wide swing at the most vital waypoint (iaf), to the point where i’m now anticipating this and therefore taking over and switching to HDG mode before i get to iaf hence i know if i let the plane do it it will get me in big trouble.

2 Likes

It”s a complicated plane that needs some learning but far from horrible. It is actually stunning to have something so complicated run on a console. Have you calibrated throttle via EFB? Lots of tutorial videos on youtube teach you how to to use it.

I got the same issues with the Base Pack on PC. Whilst most of the textures got an increased resolution after the first patch, some spots are missing, especially when backlight is activated.

@EllsGaming Another question appeared during my last flight: is the windshield icing simulated or is the windshield heat always active?

Do you have an active flightplan in Simbrief and you’re using your alias?

I did see a significant increase in FPS after a quick load with the new beta!!

1 Like

Yet another delightful trouble-free flight with this aircraft.

I´m a self declared A320-maniac, but I have not flown anything other than the 310 since it was released, and it doesn´t stop growing on me.

For me it´s faster than the Fenix A320, always at or close to v-sync limit of 60 fps since day one. The small, non game breaking problems are being fixed at good pace. Never had stability issues. The liveries are amazing and take me to my university years in the late 90´s, so this product has a deep emotional component for me.

It´s also very a challenging (read: FUN) aircraft to fly manually for me. Lowering the landing gear and flaps 40 is like dropping an anchor, and I usually miss-manage its energy, and have been close to catastrophe a couple of times.

Still a lot to learn, but I´m really loving it.

I already said “thank you” to the team many times. But I think you can never be “too thankful”.

So, one more time: thank your for this product, your support to the community, and your efforts improving it. You´ve really earnt the respect of a lot of people!

14 Likes

It’s fantastic on Xbox! I haven’t flown anything else since the update. Apparently there were other aircraft released and something about helicopters? :thinking:

9 Likes

Me too (Xbox). I’ve spent hours in the a310 and minutes on everything else.

4 Likes

Something similar was happening to me after engaging the ILS. It turned out to be a speed issue with the autothrottle.

On final I found by selecting ‘Final Appoach’ in the FMS the plane deccelerated to Vapp and then was able to hold the glide slope properly.

1 Like

I’ve done everything…I’ve tried flying so much to where I know the in and outs of the whole computer and the black bag computer…guess I’m just waiting on them to fix things…if you fly it though with no plan just free fly it does ok

I’m sorry to report that with the updated version released today my performance has tanked. Changed nothing in my games settings, flew last evening and this morning updated and I had locked 30FPS in VR with MR on and this worked 99% of the time in any scenario, with the new update it is rarely getting to 30FPS anymore and it is stuttery, just like when the original build was released

EDIT: 12700/3080ti/G2

1 Like

Hi

I’m an Xbox X user and the A310 is the best plane on the platform right now inibuilds did a great job plane flys great love to hand fly it and FMC does a good job too. if you try use the a/p and FMC and don’t know exactly what’s up it can be a head ache and a handful flying it if stuff is not done right.

Lots of good info as you said in the tutorials and online ask question you will get them asnweeed lot of good people on here will help

I’m a 30 year 737 mechanic irl and not an airbus fan but this plane fun

13 Likes

Now try it manually - even more satisfying :slight_smile:

Here’s a question for @EllsGaming
On a climb in PROFILE mode when entering a new higher target altitude, and pulling out the ALT dial to activate the new target altitude sometimes it stays in PROFILE mode, and sometimes it changes to LVL/CH instead, without me ever selecting this mode. Why? What is the criteria that makes this happen? As it can catch me out when I’m not specifically checking for it.

2 Likes

As yourself I try to follow procedures, use navigraph, import simbrief plans and don’t fly this free as it is not what an airliner is meant for after all. I am not sure how this can be horrible. We know that some hiccups in aircraft not following flight plans are actually down to MSFS still having bugs. The A310 has some issues like sometime deviating from the flight plan, especially on tight corners where it seem to struggle to turn but I find that it mostly does an excellent job. It follows altitude and speed constraints, no problems with ILS or VOR, seems most realistic and it is free! You might be on PC but for us on XBOX this is the first excellent airliner.

3 Likes

Are you going higher than the altitude in your flight plan?
I’ve never noticed this happen to me.

@E1D1D1L Logged and looking into it, thanks.

@Worldgrea The windshield glass itself does not ice up.

@ProofPandora683
Don’t forget it’s using the new CFD flight mechanics so will fly differently to the other Airbus’ out there that aren’t CFD, especially hand flying it.

Glad you’re enjoying it :slight_smile:

@Claudio4901 Hmm, thanks for reporting back, will look into that. Which VR headset?

Nope, usually just climbing to my flight plan cruise alt. It was happening yesterday, but not today. Which is strange. It is the reason I got caught with stalls previously as I was thinking I was still in PROFILE mode but was actually in LVL/CH instead, which made the speed control manual so if you don’t notice, then stall v likely at higher altitudes.

Love this airliner, only a couple of things needed. (Xbox user)

1. can we have the simbrief/Navigraph charts added to the in game tablet if possible.
  2. if possible can you make it so we can import all the data from simbrief.
  3. a way other than plotting a flight plan on MSFS and coping it to simbrief. Is there a better way to make it easier to talk to ATC

Cracking aircraft and a much needed on the Xbox where we have been overlooked for some things. Keep up the cracking work making this aircraft better.

Is there any other airliners planned for the Xbox?

3 Likes

On the EFB, am I right in thinking that changing Units of measurements resets the weights/runway length data you’ve just input?

If this is the case can this be implemented in such a way that for example you started inputting data in Imperial and then had a Metric value for another field you could switch between units without losing the values entered?

Apologies if im wrong ive not done multiple tests of this