Airbus H145 Helicopter (Civilian, Luxury, Military Variants) - Accelerated Flight Systems & Hype Performance Group

You are very right, I agree … I will not buy more helicopters made by Hype development team …

100% Agreed with you. Nothing to blame or complain devs team while they supplied a real serious helicopter flight sim with a reasonable price to many of us whom really like to flying helicopter in MSFS . I can say H 145 give another life and chance to MSFS after SU5.

2 Likes

As soon as someone starts tuning the sensitivity curve of any of their controls in MSFS, they are destroying “real flight physics” - if one wanted real life emulation, each control, i.e., yoke, rudder pedals, etc., would come with sensitivity curves specifically tuned for each aircraft you fly and you wouldn’t change them. But people have their preferences. So it’s fine-and-dandy for fixed wing aircraft for users to screw around with control sensitivity but a crime if developers don’t give you a BETA early-release version of an aircraft that flies the way you like?

2 Likes

:rofl: Yeah… I really dont think your getting it.

Enjoy your Heli.

1 Like

Hello,

please keep posts on-topic and not on each other. Further forum guideline violations will be reviewed and posts can be removed.

Thank you.

Surely with MSFS not supporting helicopters in the actual sim (I am just asking, not making any assertions) that it is

1.almost impossible to simulate rotors correctly
2. We have to applaud the work of HPG for what they have achieved.

Maybe when the sim actually supports Helos we can discuss then? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

H145 is an improvement over the H135 in every way, and while we never promised a night and day difference in the flight model it has evolved since the H135 and is being tuned to what is expected from the H145. We have been receiving feedback from real world H145 pilots since early in development and their daily feedback has been positive so we know we are moving in the right direction.

Of course there’s sim limitations - you’re aware of them, we’re aware of them, other devs are aware of them and Asobo are aware of them - this is not a complaint, we accept and respect that official support will be added in 2022. Our goal is to do the best job possible currently within the limitations of the sim - the alternative of building a flight model externally and requiring some external app to be run is out of the question, that plan would mean our aircraft would never be available in the MFS marketplace and that is needed because we want Xbox players to eventually be able to enjoy our aircraft.

I respect that for some people our flight model doesn’t cut it for them, that is fine - people work hard for their money and have the right to spend it as they see fit. That said, there are many people enjoying our H135 & H145 - over 8K on our Discord alone and the H135 has a 4.7 rating after 330K downloads on Flightsim.to.

We will continue to evolve our flight model within the limitations of the sim, hopefully with the Volocopter release there’s new SDK functionality added that can help us be even better and of course once official helicopter support is added in 2022 we can determine if our own work can be improved by, or “ported” to the new flight model that will be available.

No snake oil salesmen here - H135 is free and gives everyone a perfect opportunity to get a good idea of our flight model before supporting the H145. If anyone is ever on the fence about supporting our H145 project please start with the H135.

Give it a couple hours and ask yourself would you pay for and enjoy a modest improvement on the flight model, and a massive jump in visual quality, performance, avionics, sound design and VR support. Then ask yourself if you could have all of that in 3 different variants (civilian, luxury, military) for $42 if it would be worth it for you.

12 Likes

You are right that Microsoft / Asobo did not create the helicopter support. On the other hand, H 135/145 helicopters not only have a problem with poor flight dynamics, but are also full of inexplicable anomalies that occur when turning, landing, taking off … Take a look at the Flyinside team, they have managed to create good, trouble-free helicopter flight dynamics … Not an impossible task …

2 Likes

@PharaohEo,

will all three variants come with the elongated skids or will shorter standard skids be an option for any or all variants?

Shorter skids:

2 Likes

All you’re missing is the fact that despite the lack of official support another team has very successfully implemented an outstanding heli flight model already.

The lack of official support is clearly no excuse for poor flight models. I’m sure it makes life a lot harder, but it’s clearly not a barrier to successfully implementing one.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing us Helicopters! I’m not a real world helicopter pilot, but, I’ve flown helicopters in the other sims and experienced the various flight modeling worked in to those products. From that experience alone, I’m of the opinion that flight characteristics of both the H135 and H145 are moving us closer to realistic helicopter flight. Every step forward is a win in my book and I’m grateful for the hard work and attention to detail that Hype Performance Group brought to the table. MSFS anticipated support for helos in 2022 will continue to drive the experience forward. Till then, I’m going to keep sight-seeing in the H135 (now the H145 with my single malt) and hopefully improve my landings.

4 Likes

The H135/145 are already using an external flightmodel (just like the Bell47) and no external app is needed for running that flightmodel (all done via WASM).
There are not much limitations in the sim to get believable flight dynamics for a helicopter with an external flightmodel (just try the Bell47 that only uses an app for configuration and DRM)

2 Likes

The other team uses an external flight model, utilizing an external app, which as explained, is not the direction HPG wants to go because they want to be able to offer their product on the MSFS Marketplace with compatibility for XBox users. That means working within the limits of the sim, which right now doesn’t support all facets of helicopter flight dynamics.

It’s quite remarkable what has been achieved here but there are still those who scream that it isn’t realistic enough. I don’t think it is any secret that HPG has shoehorned a helicopter into a fixed wing simulator. When Asobo officially bring helicopters into the sim next year I think a lot of the H145 flight modeling complaints will be addressed.

Right now the H145 is in Beta and the sim isn’t truly ready for it…so maybe just enjoy what we have got for the time being?

2 Likes

Read my post above :wink:

1 Like

No they dont. DRM and activation only. You can shut the app off as soon as you load in, it has nothing to do with the flight model.

EDIt. Sorry Mike, i jumped right in before i saw you’d already explained it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick review of HPG H145.

Pro’s:

The graphics are really nice, much improved on the H135.
Sound is good, sounds like a helicopter.
Good FPS, easy install, people moaning about the activation process should get a life, it takes 5 seconds.

Neutral:
It feels similar to the H135 to fly, which although not as good as the bell 47 to some, they are different helicopters so i would assume they would be feel different. I must admit I do prefer the way the 47 flies to the H135.

Cons:
It’s not exactly cheap. Is it worth it? If you like heli’s and thought the H135 was passable and you have some cash spare, i’d say it’s worth it.

Overall:
For a Beta version it’s decent, and if they can improve this like they did with the H135 then it will end up to be really impressive.

2 Likes

Hmm…ok, well I stand corrected then. :upside_down_face: I’m still enjoying the H145 though.

Closed at Topic Author @PharaohEo request.