Aircraft Modifications

So, lemme just say this loud and short.

Asobo has been working with Microsoft, for Microsoft. The same microsoft which released with Turn10 Forza Motorsport.

I am bloody happy of what this sim is being like after one month and a half of full support and I appreciate all the effort put both by community and devs themselves.

But stop and think with me for a second.

Wouldn’t it be in 2020 a smart and almost due feature, especially considering that Microsoft had a lot of work force with experience in this subject, that modifications for GAs / props / twin props should be a top feature? Is not because it’s cool. Personally I don’t care about beauty or aesthetics. I care about deciding to fly my prop with or without the Garmin, with skids or floaters, with any optional USEFUL feature that third party or manufacturer could provide when “buying it”. It’s not a part of the experience, is just the first thing somebody looks for when choosing an airplane. You are spending at least hundreds of thousands of euros / dollars. It HAS TO be like I want it, no matter what. Nobody cares about ingame liveries editing or such. We are fine with the sdk and we like being nerds, but this is 2020, and I thought that Microsoft have learnt something from Forza but it seems it didn’t…

I think this would be better over in the Wishlist category where people can vote on it. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Ingame liveries editing (or even just like how Euro Truck Simulator 2 does it) would actually be really nice and make it easy for people to customize their plane and have other people see it properly in multiplayer.

And we’re not “fine with the SDK”, as it’s missing lots of the features needed to truly customize planes and have their avionics and aerodynamics properly modeled.

But I upvoted anyway, because I’d like to be able to do things like add (or not) a cargo pod on planes that can have one, add (or not) external things like skis, canoes, kayaks, etc on bush planes, and so on. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Absolutely upvote.
Why can’t my savage cub have floats? It’s “mine” savage cub.
Why can’t my supercub have skis and land it on the Denali like Don Sheldon used to do?
I want to strip my bonanza of those glass panels and have dials.
I’d really like to personalize “my” planes the way I want, just like in the very ancient FS4.0 I could design my own airplane from within the game.

That’s what I don’t understand. They got all this experience from Forza. When I first saw the hangar view the first time I thought there would be a ForzaVista like mode to see plane interiors, engines, details, numbers …or that in 2020 we would have a chance to customize our plane as if it was ours, choosing wether or not to put floats or skis, or better wether or not I wanted a G3000 or a G1000 or none of them. I agree that liveries creation has to be kept ALSO outside of the game and tbh I wouldn’t like an “ingame only” liveries editor. That’s limitating. But I’d also like something for people who doesn’t like XML and packaging files. It doesn’t seem intuitive that the only way to customize my cockpit or operative outfit for the plane, is to learn to mod the hell out of FS. where’s all the collaboration that Microsoft could have given with Turn10? Tbh…this sim has all the numbers to become one of a kind. But sometimes seems like they just want to keep things halfway from there