Aircraft Registrations

It would be nice if Asobo/MS were to enable the ability to save and retain an aircraft registration between sessions.

yes an “option” would be nice but you can edit the aircraft cfg if you know how and make it stay

Just done that on the A320 liveries I like to fly, works great. Also altered callsign to my own and flight number as well.

If you are comfortable with editing files, you can change the tail number in the aircraft.cfg atc_id=“N357MAG” (what ever you want the tail number to be)

Happy flying!

Unfortunately, there are aircraft without ‘aircraft.cfg’ such as the Cessna 172 Classic. A bug?

Flugnavigator - Wow! Very interesting! The classic Skyhawk does Not seem to have an aircraft.cfg hmmm
 :astonished: :thinking:

yeah
deluxe aircraft have no Aircraft.cfg due to lockdown restrictions to prevent copying
sooo
yeah
gotta be done by MS/ASOBO

2 Likes

Very interesting about the C-172. Ironically, it’s the one I fly the most, the model without the glass cockpit. I’m kinda old school.

3 Likes

There is an aircraft.cfg for the Cessna 172 and updating the data in it does work. After locating the aircraft.cfg do a search within the file for atc_id and change the Asobo data between the " " with what you want. Save and when you next load it is present on the aircraft.

Hmmm. Wonder if my being able to update and save registrations has anything to do with having installed freeware liveries?

This may help

1 Like

ahh ok, good to know! Thanks!

Yes please, i’m sick of retyping in those 3 boxes every flight :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this also work for the “premium” planes that have no aircraft.cfg ?

I tried the Renamer app with no success. It kept adding numbers to the front of my registration number. Luckily it made a backup of all the configuration files.

You can find all Default Aircraft cfg’s in the folder in Drive:\Your FolderOfficial\OneStore e.g.

X:\BlahBlah\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36

You guys should try making your own cfg for premium aircraft in the community folder. You might be able to get get away with having the entire thing blank and just have the atc_id variable set after the [FLTSIM.0] livery entry, or whatever its called. I dont have access to my files right now so IDK how its structured and named but it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out. using the non-encrypted C172 G1000 for reference. Depending on how the sim deals with custom cfgs, it might keep all the critical stuff from the official cfg and just overwrite the one variable you set. Or you could end up with an extremely broken aircraft because it decided to forget/not read all of the official vars and then leave all but atc_id blank
 : /

1 Like

That app installation and path finding is about as useless as a chocolate fireguard
 I have absolutly no scooby doo about where the path is, and the “get” button is like an insolent 13 year old child that just dont “get”

Even googling default path results in multiple potential paths that relate to nothing like is on my machine
 and I did find the windows app folder but what a palavour!!.

Ill stick to typing it in for now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A couple of posts up tells you exactly where the default aircraft.cfgs.

Can’t help more than that - and they do work.

The addon livery aircraft.cfg are in the folder where addons are located.

Forgive me
 I don’t get it

I’m lost at your folder official and blah blah