New menu for aircraft submodels/variants

• Can you add a new menu for submodels?
    There are quite a number of aircraft with minimal differences between them. It would be good if you select DA40, and then in the next menu choose what submodel you want. This would make the list less cluttered.

• Bonus points if we can rearrange the models ourselves. I can see it becoming messy again if I buy the A319 from one dev and the A320 from another. I want to be able to categorize and adjust tags myself.

I love the sound of what you just said! Great idea.

1 Like

Having a menu in Customization or even a tab under ā€˜Liveriesā€™ called ā€˜Variantsā€™ would be a nice QoL feature.

Currently the game has multiple options for the same aircraft. Itā€™s pretty ugly and having an endless scroll bar of 5 of the same aircraft is going to get ugly when new aircraft gets introduced.

2 Likes

Now we have ā€œstockā€ variants of aircraft, it becomes noticeable how they kind of clog up the aircraft selection menu. It might be nicer if float and ski variants were selected from a side menu much like liveries are.

Iā€™ve noticed the triangles (next to each Spec) change from up to down, and from white to red. If for example, the DA40NG had one Up Arrow & 3 Down Arrowsā€¦would that aircraft fly poorly? Can it be improved to 4 Up Arrows to fly??

What are you talking about? :smiley:

Those arrows indicate whether that aircraft is faster/has a longer range/ā€¦ compared to the current selected aircraft.

Want to turn it in 4 up arrows? Select the Savage Cub and youā€™ll have 4 up arrows on most aircraft. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response!

A few days ago, I noticed the TBM930 having 4 down arrows in red. Thatā€™s one of my favorites, and thought it was in bad shape.

My thought was that the positioning and color of the arrows for a given aircraft, changed from day to day.

1 Like

Another useful feature is to sort aircraft by speed.

Another missing feature is the text auto-scroll in the aircraft names. I have resized the text in the accessibility menu, so I can see better from the couch, but the majority of aircrafts have bigger names than the space allocated, so there is missing info. This is particularly annoying when choosing between the Cessnas 172, because the info for glass or steam cockpit gets hidden. I will take a picture later :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

With all the new ski and water variants this submodels tab has become even more important. This menu is a messā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think itā€™s silly to have 5 xcub versions and 4 Cessna 172ā€™s etc. in the aircraft menu. The menu is clunky already to navigate without multiple versions of the same aircraft causing even more clutter.

I wish the landing gear style was an option like selecting your different liveries rather than the way itā€™s implemented now.

Do you agree or have another thought for a better solution?

1 Like

I notice your new Fokker FVII is in the airplane menu only named ā€˜Fokkerā€™.
And the PC6 has differend versions, of which with only two is distinguishable by the pictures what PC6 is what version (skiā€™s and floats)
Can you please improve the name and version information in the aircraft menu?
Itā€™s cannot be a very hard adaptation, I guess.

Thanks
Bram Stikkel

Voted as totally agree with the idea.

When you say like the liveries, do you mean as in putting an extra tab for ā€˜varientsā€™ where you can select the version want?

I have also wondered about the EFB type option many others seem to have gone for when have different variations however understand that requires the same livery which currently isnā€™t a shared factor on all variant of some planes

I have thought this made sense for a while though one was or another. Basically anything Asobo/Microsoft can do to help get to flying quicker is good be it better menu pages or more filters.

I certainly like that idea better of being able to change while youā€™re in a flight via an EFB. Right now though you canā€™t change aircraft once you start a flight (I know itā€™s doable from the developer menu) so I think itā€™s less likely to get implemented in that manner. An extra tab like the liveries would be simple and quick to implement and Iā€™d be perfectly happy with that. You have the standard ā€œwith wheelsā€ aircraft in the menu and if you want water/snow landing gear then you choose it from the tab. My goal is really to unclutter the aircraft menu.

1 Like

The aircraft selection is really painful. There is a lot of room for improvements to make it less messy. voted.

I have 100+ planes and sorting isnĀ“t ideal.

My wishes:
New Favourite category
New Military category
Each aircraft picture in menu with small icons (gauges vs glass cockpit; autopilot vs without autopilotā€¦)
Or possibility to make own categories :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 to the aircraft selection page listing what avionics are available in each model (e.g. G1000, G3X, G3000, etc).

1 Like

It would be nice if all versions of the same plane type could be collected into a group, so we donā€™t see all versions of the same in the aircraft overview.

1 Like

FS allow aircraft variant (ski, flottingā€¦), itā€™s good but with more and more aircraft it become ridiculous when you want to select. We can particularly see that with the new Twin Otter which have 13, THIRTEEN, variantā€¦ And I easily imagine the horror for Reno Full Collection buyers.

Can we have juste one aircraft in main selection menu with a sub menu (as for livery) for selecting variant.

Some example:
XCub (3 variants)
Junkers JU52 (4 variants)
Pilatus PC-6 (4 variants)
DHC-6 Twin Otter (13 variants)

3 Likes

As the title suggests, there needs to be another tab on the left of the airplane selection screen for ā€œModelā€ that allows you to select between the different model varieties of the same plane. Because as it is right now there can be a dozen choices of planes that are the same thing but slightly different models (aka skis vs wheels) and that severely clogs up the plane selection screen. As it is right now there are 13 Twin Otters.

4 Likes