Aircraft selection

Probably a stupid question. I have the Basic version because it’s all I can get for the PC. When I’m trying to create a flight, when I try to select an aircraft my only options available are eight small aircraft. I can find any of the commercial aircraft that are supposed to be included. Where are they?

You will need to manually install the missing packages (Aircraft and Airports).

Instructions

• On the main menu, click on “Profile” - It should be at the top of your screen
  • Click on Content Manager or Package Manager
  • Install available content from there.

Check the content manager in your profile, maybe they require updates

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks.

I remember the good old days when you paid $60 for a complex and detailed game you’d at least get a manual with it, even if it was only a PDF that you could print out.

These days after you finish installing something as detailed and complex a program as this flight sim, and you end up with, “OK, it’s installed. Now it’s up to you to figure how to configured and use it, sucker. You’re on your own.”

Its not cost effective to mail off a pamphlet to everyone who buys it and all it says is goto https://forums.flightsimulator.com/
:rofl:

So how expensive is it to make one available for download? I had to search the internet user groups to even find a pdf with the keyboard commands. And I still can’t find anybody who can tell me the button assignments for the Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 controller. If you look at the device configuration screen in Flight Simulator you can see that a function is assigned, for example, by default to “Button 8” or whatever. OK, which button on the controller is Button 8?

And telling people to go to the forums isn’t all that helpful because it assumes that someone there has an answer to something. Where are they supposed to get that answer in the first place?

I’ve been gaming for over 40 years, and this has become a hot button topic for me. How many other people feel the way I do?

I understand completely! My response earlier was more one of exasperation. The support is very hit and miss with this “game”. I enjoy it (MSFS2020) and then there are times that I dont.

I have the same issue with Cyberpunk 2077. All you can find is “Do a web search and see if anybody’s figured it out yet.” Basic stuff, like how to pick up and drop an object. How to access the map. Stuff like that.

I’m seriously thinking of going back to FSX. I know how it works. (Plus I have a bunch of DLC for it.)

And people are still making mods for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.