Aircraft Sound Swap

Hi all,

Might sound a bit strange, but I really want to do it. Is there a way to swap the sounds of the Caravan with the ones of the King Air? I really love the King Air sounds as they have that fantastic Turboprop sound to them. Might not be accurate, but that’s fine with me.

I remember in the old days, one was able to just swap out the “Sound” folder, but now with the whole PCK file method, I would really like to know of a possible work around.

Thanks!

Looking forward to helpful answers. I’d like to replace the horrible sounds of the Aerolite. Hope there is a way.

1 Like

Yes! Perhaps even a way to edit a current default package without having to re-do one from scratch …

I was able to use the King Air to replace the Beech 99–using the process described below:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much! It all makes sense except the layout.json part. How would we do that?

there are two utilities available, MSFS Layout Generator, and auto_json. You can search them here or via google to download them. They’ll provide instructions… they do the same thing–they modify the json / layout file to reflect all the proper files you are now using with the aircraft.

Sorry I can’t be of more help in providing actual links.

1 Like

No worries! I’ll figure it out, just delighted to hear it is possible! Have a great day!

1 Like