Aircraft-specific control profiles

Totally agree. The controller configs should save with each airframe type. Also, I would like to see pilot profiles at startup…my son likes his controllers set up slightly differently than I do and his assistance settings…

Spad neXt does this already as does fsuipc. Both work in MSFS

Another vote for different controller setup per aircraft, not controller. Y’all saying to install FSUIPC or SPADX. Why add more BS to an already convoluted system. Just give the users what they request. Just because it works in FSX doesn’t mean we need to install it here. Leave FSX crap where it belongs. In the Past!

Some people just don’t get it :wink:

Hi,
This subject was mentioned briefly during the last Q & A session.
I got the impression that the Asobo team wanted to put this issue on a very low priority, or even avoid it altogether. :frowning_face:
Please vote (at the very top of this thread) to give this subject more attention. Thanks!

1 Like

Jumping into a different kind of aircraft (under the premise of getting the most immersive experience) makes it necessary to change different settings again and again…

->Different settings for different planes :blue_heart:

Getting aircraftspecific profiles for all the following settings would allow much smoother transitions between the types.
All the listed settings can be made already, and its fine if you are flying the same aircraft all the time.
But who does that? Specific Profiles for every aircraft, maybe edit/accessible in our hangar would allow to customize the planes to your needs and next time you just jump in and have the optimal experience.

#UserExperience

1.Graphic settings

When changing from low and slow VFR to an Airliner or a Jet and High Altitudes makes it necessary to change graphics settings to some extent. When flying very fast with jets i need to degrade my settings if i want avoid that my textures cannot be loaded in fast enough. → Graphics settings relate to aircraft type

2.Controller settings

Obviously there are huge differences between steering an ultralight compared to an airliner, so often some keys/bindings have to been set up different. Yeah i have different controller profiles already, but if you have 2 or more input devices to change every profile when changing the type takes a while…

3.Camera settings
I didn’t count how often i have changed e.g. the height of the camera or the camera type (Width/Landing/Close) and other parameters in the camera overlay menu.

Please consider to relate/bind all these kinds of settings to aircraft profiles that are presets of every aircraft and are loaded automatically if you select the type.

Thanks for your stunning work! :blue_heart:

1 Like

+1 voted!

Otherwise, I’ve just posted some more information to controller settings which is indirectly related and actually could be a foundation to supporting the per-aircraft settings:

Backup function (export/import) for the controls settings - #17 by CptLucky8

One feature I absolutely love about X-Plane 11 is how you can setup a default profile to use for each individual aircraft. So for example I can have my GA Single Prop profile set to be used for a Cessna 172 and a twin engine jetliner profile used by default for a 737, etc. This way you don’t have to remember to change the profile before flying each different plane. So far in MSFS it seems, unless I am missing something, that one needs to go into controls and select the proper hardware profile for the plane about to be flown. On a positive note it’s nice that this can be changed even in game so if you load a flight having forgot you can simply hit escape and go into Controls and change the profile. But it would be awesome to have it already setup to auto select the set profile like in X-Plane. Any idea if this is coming or already possible in MSFS? Now that I switched from a Logitech Throttle to a Honeycomb Bravo this is now very important.

6 Likes

FSUIPC does that (don’t know if does that already - beta).
I’ve also seen a mod that can switch device profiles (somewhere).

Would up vote if possible.

SPAD does just thus, allowing me to switch configs automatically based on what it gets from SimConnect. I would definitely vote for this.

still no solution?

1 Like

I would like to have individual profiles for each aircraft as well.

2 Likes

It would be really nice to be able to assign the controller/s to an specific aircraft, like X-Plane 11.

2 Likes

This would be really helpful, maybe for a first step, make changing between profiles easier with a dropdown menu instead of switching one by one.

1 Like

A drop/down menu would be great! My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Exactly what I was just thinking. There’s my vote.

It would be very nice if we could have an automatic change of profiles in preset manager, depending on which aircraft I chose in World map.
So if I have different profiles for each plane, the system will recongnice which aircraft I have picked and choose the corresponding profile.

3 Likes

Automatic would be great, but just a drop down list would be helpful. Most of the UI design could be improved.

2 Likes

Still no any news or progress or ETA?

1 Like