Aircrafts from SAGQ : Canadair CL-215T and Canso PBY-5A

Hi,

I usually work on several projects at the same time, by professional deformation and also to oxygenate my mind from time to time.
Working 5 hours a day on the same plane for more than 6 months and solo leads to a certain lassitude, a lack of objectivity and so I have to change project to get interested in something else, just to start again with a fresh eye.
This Canso, I started it in 2013 so it’s been a while and I would finish it.
These days I’m working on an improved Beaver, from the model provided with FSX and mainly a cargo version for bush pilot.
I expect to be back on the Canso by the end of January as I’ve been working on this Beaver for about 6 months since September.

All my planes are freeware so I am not in a hurry to choose a release date :innocent:

9 Likes

Many thanks Lagaffe and happy 2023!

Same as “SlippedSheep437”
Thank you very much Lagaffe and happy 2023!

May be I missed something but I did not find an AP HDG indicator on the gauges. Is there one? And if not is it possible to add one in a future release? Thks a lot.

Indeed there’s not any at the current state, though not sure the Canso has one in RL, just that the real usually get a Sperry we don’t have here, however there’s already the Bendix-King like autopilot present in the sim.
So we have to wait until the author will come back to this project in the future and if this is easily doable, as it requires to edit again the 3D model plus adding code for it

Anyway, the logic is already there to follow the heading properly, just checked using the external Air Manager Instrument “Cessna 172 - Heading” which works nicely for this purpose with AP ON in HDG Mode :

Thanks a lot. For now I use Pilot2ATC, it has an AP windows where I can check HDG value.

If I remember well, there’s also some who have build in-sim mini autopilot where we can set value like AP HDG, plus other values, this could help anyone, waiting for additional enhancements

2 Likes

Yes, it can be done …

Currently, I tried to make this plane as accurate as Hydro’Z (the author of the XP9 version of this plane) had made it. I’ll see if I can add it to my checklist.

That said, I don’t want to respond favorably to every new request either :sunglasses: people are always requiring news fonction to my Menestrel HN-433 …

5 Likes

FYI

2 Likes

Hi,

@Eyz1978 & @SimFlight2020,
This afternoon, I have begin to study the “AP HDG indicator” modification. It’s easy to realize on Blender, for the XML code, I have some idea (to continue …)

7 Likes

Great! Thks a lot !

Lagaffe, after the Beaver and the Canso, think you’ll go back to the CL-215T? I found Ice Pilots NWT late in life and need to complete my Buffalo Airways fleet. (The Canso fits that too!)

1 Like

We are enjoying these news :+1:, looking forward to next release
Hope this is not too much work to make it working …

Cannot access the download for the PBY-5A using the supplied login information.

It definitley works, I just tried it.

Make sure to follow the exact instructions, especially about using the french version of the site.

I already have it, so I know how to access the download, but I made a link to give to someone else to get it and decided to make sure it was still available and that is when I found the problem. It was ok before.

Never mind. It is working now for some reason.

First, two versions of this site are online, a French version for French speakers and an English version for others.
In these conditions, why do you advise to go and consult the French page since you are English-speaking?
Secondly, there is a Home page that gives a lot of information but most users :sunglasses:

• go directly to the download page,
  • create an account on the site: which is absolutely not required (see the Home page) and
  • do not read the yellow highlighted lines that are just above the links.

A fortiori, reading this information in French or via a Google-like translator can change the account/password that is supposed to protect against hotlinks and lead you to errors.

So take the trouble to read before anything else :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Because the person I was sending the link to is French Canadian.

I did read the instructions and downloaded the PBY-5A successfully for myself long ago thanks.

When I revisited the site yesterday to check that it was still available I must have done something different, but eventually I corrected that, so as stated before I now have no problems.

Thank you for your addon. Merci beaucoup.

Hi,

This afternoon I have compiled a new version (blisters and water-bomber) with some modifications in 3D models and XML code to take in account SimFlight2020 & Eyz1978 requirements.

https://i.postimg.cc/8pMFR2PN/WIP-081.png

Some tests are needed but I try to released this one WIP_v081.zip before SU12 (Tuesday 21/03).

12 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks a lot. Good job.