Airliner exterior lighting bug

When in the A320neo and the nav lights are switched on during night. Only one eye renders the lighting on the tail.

Steps to reproduce
Select A320 neo
select London Heathrow, clear skies, time 00:00
switch on batteries and external power
turn on nav lights
switch to external view

I can see the same bug with the DA40 SBY gauges integral lighting too.

I have the Same problem on the tail light in the Neo and and on some internal gauge lights…Only displaying in my right eye

Using Quest 2 with offical link cable

Voted

There is a bug that displays a series of opaque planes only in the right eye and changes depending on the angle to which one looks:

CJ4 Cabin

NB: there are other similar bugs with the lights that illuminate the instruments (from memory in the Baron and/or the G36) with different images between the two eyes, and vertical and alternating lighted/darkened bands over analogue gauges at night.

1 Like

I’ve noticed there are sometimes subtle difference between both eyes reflections and highlights, on trees for example, which makes it harder to focus and/or which makes you thinking you’re not converging your view on the same objects. However the most distracting similar rendering artifact I can see is with lighting, where only 1 eye is rendering it or the 2 eyes are not rendering the same at all:

• Jump into the 787 at night
  • Light up the glare shield
  • Notice the rendering problem with the light cones over the glare shield

Is it really a bug or is it single pass rendering? In P3D it’s the case, once stereo is chosen it’s gone, I thought that’s the case in MFS too, but there is just no choice we have.

@BER811
I believe it is a bug in any case because it shouldn’t cut shadows or lights whatever the stereo rendering technique.

To me it is something else and most likely a few basic shader uniforms not updated properly for the right eye render pass (see this post with screenshots):

[BUG] Shader code 'viewdir' and shadow/light rendering are inconsistent on right eye