South America Airport/Bing Maps update

I would like to see them update their satellite imagery for the airports.

A lot of airports - from my experience - In South America, are outdated and do not accurately represent their irl equivalent.

For Example - St Vincent and the Grenadines airport is still being built according to Bing maps - Lets just say it doesn’t look great in flight sim.

simply coz the whole world uses google maps, not bing, therefor it made no sense to keep bing updated, keeping in mind costs of sat pix or even better renting a satelite …
guess why all the sceneries from the community r based on google maps?

@onkelyogi4210 this adds literally nothing to the discussion.

@DcKohben a lot of world map updates are already on the cards. last one was Japan, next one will be USA. Others will follow.
If you find specific airports missing, please report those to Zendesk (link in the top bar), and they might be added sooner (Japan update included other airports around the world as well).

1 Like

I hope for an south americas update too.

I flew a lot over that beautiful continent lately. It is really worth more attention.

Hi there!
I would also like to put down my voice for an update of the South America satellite imagery. Especially Colombia, Ecuador and northern Peru are so full of clouds in the satellite images that it right-out kills the immersion. Too bad, because it’s a really nice area!
In any case - shouldn’t Bing maps images be updated every now and then anyway?

2 Likes

I hope and wish that a S. America world update is in the works. I am an expat US citizen living in Ecuador and have done some travelling down here and I would be absolutely amazing to see an upgrade to the current visuals for S. America. I flew around Nazca, Peru yesterday in my RV-14 and while some of the bigger Nazca lines were visible the smaller, and quite famous geoglyphs were totally missing. I fly around Cuenca EC, where I live now, quite often and sadly it’s also lacking in prominent features. This is true for most of the places I have flown over down here so any upgrade would be most appreciated!

1 Like

Have you looked at the ORBX South America mesh for MSFS? It might add some topographical detail.

+1 to this. Many parts of South America desperately need a Bing update.

That, and the Bing aerial images have so many clouds especially in Ecuador and Colombia that it really kills the immersion. That hasn’t changed from my last post…

1 Like

I used to post good pics here a little over a year ago, but they got deleted because i used the “nasty image injection”. Droide (flightsim.to) then did a good rip. But I don’t know if it’s still compatible with the SU.
Totally agree, this area needs much better imagery. (regardless of which provider)
However, the air photography is certainly not easy. The scratching images are only a few centimeters deep.

But the area could still be reworked manually, i mean.

Edit - Just checked again, the scenery from Droide no longer works for me. CTD

Greetings to everyone in the community. Hopefully this thread will be read by someone from Microsoft, who is ultimately the head of the flight simulator. Well, not only do we need to update the satellite here in South America where I am at the moment, we also need to do a photogrammetry at least in the big cities of the southern countries. Remember, one thing is the Satellite image and another is the photogrammetry. So I suggest that we say which cities in which South American countries we would like to do this more than a love.

Please Microsoft, they have made a number of parts of the world, I can understand that by market they give priority to some, but the strange thing is that I live in Orlando and in my area, which is already quite developed behind MCO, it does not appear if not the images old satellites and not to mention photogrammetry, Lake nona, very famous and on the lips of many people appears as if it were a farm. I want to think that it is the people of Microsoft who make the decisions about the parts of the world that are going to be accommodated and not other people, who have no idea about South America, but about Europe. Thank you very much and I really hope you will also give priority to this part of the American Continent. I hope this is read by someone from Microsoft. Greetings.

1 Like