Airport Creation Wizard?

In the release note for for (1.15.7.0) World Update 4, there is this line:

• Added an Airport Creation Wizard to ease the creation of new airports

I looked through the SDK docs but I couldn’t find anything about the wizard. I looked through the Scenery Editor but I couldn’t find anything about the wizard. How can I use the wizard?

Same here. Documentation, which acc. to the description of world update 4 got a “Massive update to the Scenery Editor documentation” does not explain anything. All YouTube videos I found about creating simple airports or objects on airports start to become useless as the SDK has changed dramatically. The sim is under development. The SDK is in sth. like Alpha stage (version number 0.0.12.0…) and the documentation doesn’t match the current status at all.

I tried to get my hands on airport development. I have never done this before neither in flightsim nor in any other game/SDK. I spent hours looking tutorial videos and reading the official docs and forums. After 5 hours I was able to execute all buildings and vegetation from an already existing airport and to draw a new runway with a different texture, markings, etc. I wasn’t able to place my own lights on the airport. All that is available are presets from drop down menus. Also, I couldn’t add special markings on the runway which are unique to this private airport. For now I gave up on this. As long as they change the SDK no good tutorials will come out and for me it’s a waste of time. I feel sorry for the payware developers and wonder how they are able to work with this.

The wizzard doesn’t work for me (community folder completely empty):

I am facing the same issue, this is not happening on all airports, I tried another one just to check it worked but not sure why it not working on some. I came here looking for the answer for it, can anyone help?

Found the fix, empty the community folder and then try.

What I did was use the painted line option to add lines to runways at CYGK (Kingston, Ontario, Canada) that is not in the SDK runway and never will be as it is unique. These are markings at the end of two runways that start at the same location.

Tried that already with no success. The fault msg refers to another location as well.

I found what caused my fault! When entering ICAO Code and airport name I kept all brackets instead of deleting them.

So this causes problems in the airport wizzard:

Whereas this works as it should: