Airport Design Editor for MSFS

What does happen?

Nothing happens. I try to start the installation by as Admin start the exe file ADE 20 and something startup but disappear and leave nothing further to happen.
Is it so that I should install instead by initiate some other file? The two uncompressed files within the archive I have uncompressed and placed the content into the original archive ( all in the same folder).
I studied the introduction text carefully but there are no detailed explanation of what/how to do, sorry.

I am sorry but I need to ask you to go to the support forum on www.fsdeveloper.com. The MSFS forum is not really here to provide support on third party tools.

Thanks for your understanding

1 Like

Will you be able to fix taxi ways that are grass and dirt that are supposed to be pavement

You can change path surfaces. So if you have a grass taxiway and want it to be concrete or some other surface then you can do that. Same for aprons and runways

Not sure if this applies to your issue or not, but my FS PC was built here in Germany and of course set up with the appropriate regional settings.
ADE at this point only works with the US regional settings for the Win10 OS. Once I switched that and rebooted ADE worked for me after following the other recommendations in the manual.

Now I hope that the exclusion question will be sorted next, because I have a few trees that are growing in the wrong places :slight_smile:

Latest alpha (14) should be released over the weekend with more fixes around culture issues

3 Likes

Alpha 14 released today. Details and download on www.fsdeveloper.com

1 Like

Is this something I could look into getting? I’d be interested in fixing airport runways and taxi ways markings and lighting. Not interested so much in airport scenery. I’ve found lots of airports to fix eg KABQ exit runway 26 to the left from pavement to grass that is marked back to pavement. Get them out to the public.

Scooter

You would probably need to try it to see if it meets your needs but the sort of things you mention can be done

This is advanced notice that we hope to have Alpha 18 available in the next few days

1 Like

Jon, any ideas on when ADE could transfer to a beta state? :slight_smile:

To be honest it is probably a beta now but I am just cautious. I would like to get round tripping (being able to work on a project with ADE and the in sim tools at the same time) and navaids before I go to beta but I am always finding more stuff to do. I sort of aim to have Alpha 19 as the last alpha :wink:

Alpha 18 is taking longer to get out due to real world commitments

Alpha 18 is released today over on www.fsdeveloper.com

Is this part of the Scenery Gateway System prototype? or is this a separate tool?

I am not sure what that is but I think it is a method of managing addons? ADE is a design tools that creates or modifies airport scenery which can then be installed into the sim. It has no means to manage addon packages other than creating the package that can be placed in the users community folder

I was actually referring to the Scenery Gateway System feature request which Jorg also mentioned is now in the prototype phase.

It basically allows the community to contribute by editing/creating airports and POI’s using tools like the one you mentioned, and submitting them to Asobo so that it’s implemented as part of the base scenery.

OK - similar to the one for X-Plane?

Yup! Similar to X-Plane’s scenery gateway system, but the one I’m proposing goes a step beyond by allowing the creating of POI’s worldwide, not just airports.

OK - sounds good :slight_smile: