Airport gate guidance systems anytime soon?

Hello Gang!

Does anyone know if the ability for scenery designers to include airport gate guidance systems is something being considered? I’ve noticed MSFS airports do not sport this feature which I think is essential in finalizing any flight “gloriously” and realistically. Would be great.

Thanks.

1 Like

If you talk about VDGS, it will come confirmed but not any time soon

1 Like

One extremely talented developer has already worked out a solution to provide VDGS in the airports, despite lack of native support.

Check out the airports developed by Jo Erlend Sund from Aerosoft.

The free Aerosoft Airport Paderborn/Lippstadt is one of them.

1 Like

Nice information. I am looking for VDGS, because often there is no ground crew available and parking is always a challenge in cockpit view.

Do you got a link to the AS forums, where this is being discussed? Is it already implemented in Paderborn?

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, it’s already implemented in Paderborn, which can be downloaded from Market Place or directly from Aerosoft for free.

The VDGS will work when taxiing to a VDGS equipped gate. The information for those gates are available with the download. Stands 4 to 5.

The other airports which have these are Cologne/Bonn (EDDK) and Trondheim-Vaernes (ENVA) developed by Jo Erlend.

1 Like

1 Like

So, I maximized the vehicle density and also selected a compatible gate. Unlucky, the VDGS doesn´t spawn for me. Do you have them every time or is their appearance random?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

not sure if this is exactly the same, but some of the gates in the amazing Gatwick freeware mod have gate navigation elements.

3 Likes

I have it every-time. Try using the default values instead of maximum. Maximum gave me similar issues.

If the marshals are being shown with the settings e.g. 50% (at other locations) then VDGS will activate (at VDGS gates) and guide you in nicely.

Let me know if that solves it.

1 Like

Gonna test it out tomorrow!

Thank you!

1 Like

For those looking for the link to this freeware Gatwick Airport by MKVY, it is here:

It is as good as payware and as far as I know he developed his own VDGS months ago that is purely based on visual location, not requiring any other parameters such as ATC gate allocation. It is well worth a look!

1 Like

You will find this system on all Jo Erlend Airports (Trondheim, Cölogne, and Lippstadt).
In the near future, it should be implemented in the all his future airports, such as Bruxelles and Prague LKPR (from TailStrike !).

To make it work, the ATC have to guide you to a compatible gate, otherwise it won’t work.
However, if you spawn (and want to begin a flight) from a compatible gate, you’ll see the system display the UTC Time (the same as in real life!)

Sometimes it’s not working, but when it does, it’s super realistic ! Hope you’ll have the luck to make it work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all information! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unlucky, I can’t test it atm, but I am gonna test it for sure and then come back here.

1 Like

Check if the VDGS Destination Gate is pre-selected in the World Menu. This is important for MSFS ATC to instruct taxi to that gate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.