Airport ground textures not working again

You are right. I my case I am facing the problems also on handcrafted airports e.g. ESSA (in addition to the broken RWY on this airport, which is unsolved since months) or (just now landed) LEMD

But it seems like this is a rare bug that only happens to a few of us.

What do we all have in common?

For me this all started to happen in the last couple of weeks. Could it be related to GSX?

At first i thought there was something wrong with my community folder or that i have too many addons. But then it happened with an Asobo airport KDEN. So something else is happening here.

I do not use GSX. But the starting point of these problems is similar to yours. After trying many advices I found on websites (all were useless to solve the abnormalties) I am at the moment waiting for SU10 which is announced to next week. Sometimes those problems disappear when the SIM is renewed.
And I am facing purple textures on some airports on partail areas of aprons or taxiways, But not in any case. Sometimes it is not possible to start the SIM (after choosing a flight from the globe), especially in case of handcrafted airports. After flying from a not handcrafted airport to a not handcrafted or add-on-airport, it is not possible to switch of the SIM by pressing the “Quit to desktop”-button.

It happened again :disappointed: This time at KSEA

If you are flying mainly in the US, KDEN should be next. It is also handcrafted.
My last disaster was at EBBR.

Yep had this happen at KDEN and EBBR too, seems to be when DX12 is on and it also seems to happene when there is some kind of weather like rain or snow. Hope this helps get to the bottom of this :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

In my case the only solution was to re-install the SIM.

Ok, thanks for you help.

Switching back to DX11 fixes it for me :slight_smile:

Thank you. I shall try this, I switched the DX12 setting on about the same time I decided to move over to Windows 11. However MSFS 2020 kept having random CTDs while loading and noticed missing ground textures at various airfields. I assumed it was Windows 11 and moved back to windows 10 only to have the same issues.

I came here and found this post and your comment, and it was “YES that’s it!” I had changed that bloody setting around the same time.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like