Airport Lights Issues since V1.20.6.0

I really don’t know whats going on and maybe it has something to do with the new Settings and changes added to SU6…

Since the newest Update at night there seems to be an Airport Lights issue.
All the Lights at the Airport are very visible just like the rest of the City Lights.
However, when im getting close to Airport the Distance of the Aiport Lights are not visible anymore for some time, it looks like the first third of the Airport lights then only are visible. After some time and closer to landing the the Airport lights further ahead reappear again. Other lights in the City around the airport are not effect (city lights).
So i dont know if this is an LOD issue or loading pop in issue but i know this only occured since the newest update and only at airports. So far every airports i have tested so far gives me this visual “bug”. It seems also be in effect while taxiing. :face_with_monocle:

having the same issue…into KBOS, i had to fly around the airport for ils landing…it was off…strange, and as i flew closer for final approach, they were back again…dont know why…i dont try to understand the twilight zone of that sim anymore…but strange indeed…

And running rabbits became almost invisible.

1 Like

I reported this as a dark haze surrounding the end of the runway. When I first encountered I thought it might be a low cloud obscuring the threshold. Hard to see the VASI/PAPI lights.

1 Like

I submitted a bug report yesterday concerning the AI lights not appearing at certain viewing angles. The same applies to the airport lights. Try panning your view left/right of the light and you’ll see it flicker off/on, as if something is masking it That’s what I’m experiencing.

1 Like

Would be interesting to know some basic details from you guys so we might figure it out.
I run the newest drivers (nvidia) 4K Ultra Everything Maxed (Sliders as well)
(Motion Blur is Off). I also changed the User.cfg.opt set the shadow size to 4096 and turned off photo filters. So it looks like this now. I have no Mods active atm beside the A32NX Mod.

{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 0
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 0
LensFlare 0
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 0
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000

Maybe i can then narrow it down if there is something causing this, related to my specific settings.

Unfortunately after further testing it seems to be related to movement and perspective and maybe the rendering system rather then graphic or user.cfg.opt settings. In my case Airport Lights seem to flicker and fade in or out because they really just vanish. Like a constant on off swith. City Lights and sort of big stadium lights at the airport are not effected by this.
If i go to drone camera and circle my my around the runway or taxi lights from the side and from above they just vanish, city and stadium lights do not. This flickering while landing or taxiing is really annoying i have to say, just as not rendering them at all for certain times… obviously. meh

Last night, I tried to fly to KBOS in a C172 (G1000) during night time live weather low cloud cover. There were absolutely no runway or airport lights on at all, making landing impossible. I finally crashed into the water not far from the intended runway.

I also could not see any ground lights at all, other than the sim’s white “candles” and blue airport and sights markers. But this could be due to the extreme cloudiness of yesterday’s storm conditions.

In addition, the sim’s built-in map was unusable at all during the flight, showing my plane stuck at the departure runway throughout the flight and never updating. Never had this problem before. IDK if it is related to the airport lights out issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.