Airport modification problems in Developer mode

Hard to provide screenshots of this, as when editing an airport mod I am working on( a new version of LOWI), fs2020 keeps crashing out, especially when adding new Aprons, I select the option to use CTRL+click to layout the apron, complete the area and press enter, and then uncheck that option quickly as suggested by most developers.

However, 8/10 times, my system just freezes, even before I have time to actually even save the SCENERY objects again to save the new apron area.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to stop this ? Apart from the time it takes to reload FS2020, and then my dev project , it is making development times exorbitant.

I find that using Options->Pause Simulation greatly reduces CTD’s while developing. Saw that in one of the tutorial videos on YouTube.

Having AI aircraft slider set to high will cause a lot of CTD’s anyway. Pause will stop AI activities so I am speculating this might be related.

I can reproduce CTD more or less reliable when moving all menues/windows to a second monitor. I’m doing this before making sceenshots for flightsim.com. Then it’s a matter of minutes until CTD after placing some scenery objects.

Before and after the latest patch - I’m getting a massive fps drop down to single digits when moving the menues/windows to the secod monitor. Dragging these back to the main monitor brings up the fps until becoming stable again within a few seconds.

I’m getting the same, create apron, use the one button tool, ctrl click the apron out, hit enter, uncheck one button tool, freeze → crash. I’m not seeing the Pause Simulation option in the settings so unable to verify that and I’m only using 1 monitor.

I thought I’d do some more troubleshooting, after unplugging the joystick I no longer seem to get the CTD, hope that helps someone.

I only use the one click add tool for taxiway points, not aprons. I don’t CTD at all on aprons…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.