Alicante (LEAL) CTD

While loading LEAL, a CTD occurs. Airport default. latest sim update.

Is your community folder empty?

Yes, same CTD

Have you deleted the rolling cache?

Yes, rolling cache deleted. Is there anyone who booted into Alicante without problems after the patch?

Topic moved into #bugs-and-issues:ctds

No problems on my rig.

No issues here either. No mods, 3 default aircraft tested on both runways and a few ramp/parking areas.
Custom departure about 1nm away also tried.
PC, Store, fresh rolling cache, 1.24.5.0 with all content updated, optional content installed(world updates) msfs closed and pc restarted after updates-it’s always good to do this after any install, for anything…

Are you using this or any other mods?

Nice area btw, I’ll have to visit more often!

I’m having the same issue. I also have this issue with other airports as well cough DFW

I am getting a CTD at this airport too. As a test i flew into LEAL from LEVC and the sim crashed as I neared LEAL. I am unable to start a flight from LEAL without a CTD.

I asked a friend to try it on his rig, it didn’t crash but he reports seeing a horrible graphical anomaly at the airport. He said he sees the same anomoly even when using an addon LEAL too.

It is strange that others don’t see the same though.

Solved!

With a little help from a friend…

I deleted two files…
Content.xml
ROLLINGCACHE.ccc

(Don’t worry, the sim will re-build them)

For me these files are in

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache.

All good after a restart.

Stinger

I just want to add that this bug is still present. Unlike most people who seem to have “magically fixed it out of nowhere”, or by deleting the aforementioned files, my sim still crashes everytime I load into LEAL, or get close to it. The cause of this bug is photogrammetry; the funny thing is that the sim crashes when it is turned OFF. It seems that a scenery developer also came across this bug and reported it in the developer forum. The case over there is still active and I am currently gathering some dump files for them. I just wanted to post this here to make sure this won’t be forgotten and gets some attention - and investigation - as this is a truly gamebreaking bug. Who knows how many other places are affected by this and how many CTD’s are caused by this bug when one flies over a photogrammetry city and getting a CTD without realising that it could have been the default scenery 38000ft below them.

1 Like

Same issue. comeing near to Alicante will crash the sim.

I have the same issue. Crash near the airport and also by a flight with LEAL as departure airport. Is there a sollution for this.

I just disabled the Iberia Photgrammetry cities