All Aircraft External Lighting Flickering

Lights flicker in almost all my aircraft now. I have never even downloaded the FBW a320. Blocky flickering lights every flight.

2 Likes

Same here, external lights still flickering and blocky.
VOTED!!!

2 Likes

can confirm, same issue here on all planes post SU5 I’ve tried so far (including A320NX)

On maybe another topic, anyone else notice no exterior lights on any of the AI planes flying?

Yes. There are topics about this problem. I con confirm it.
Anyway, there is a workaround on flightsim.to, with a little mod.

Download Nvidia drivers v466.77
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/176265/en-us

Uninstall Nvidia drivers and restart PC.
Install 466.77 drivers and restart PC.

5 Likes

I can confirm this fixed it for me.

1 Like

can confirm, this does seem to solve the flickering lights issue, though it does seem the sim produces quite some more micro stutters with this driver version (going to have to keep an eye on that). thanks for the advice!

edit: resetting a frame-cap in nvidia settings and forcing vsync back on through the driver seems to have helped with the micro stutters, looks to me like it’s running the same as before downgrading the driver minus the flickering lights now \o/

1 Like

Not a permanent fix.

Still have flickering lights.

I haven’t tried the driver roll back so can’t confirm that temporary fix

1 Like

Try 466.77 :wink:

Just found this bug tonight. Never noticed on my day light flights. Obviously. Flew from KORF to KKFK tonight. Love weather and time (dark).

All looked good until landing gears came out and all lights flickered and there was weird blocks at angles.

Thought it was cause I was flying Spirt A320 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thought it was a lighting bug cause it was stormy when I was landing but played around with weather and no fix.

Hopefully this bug will get debunked in next update.

You’re a life saver, thank you! Works perfectly.

1 Like

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Bug seems to be fixed.
Download and install game ready driver v471.96
Release Date: 2021.8.31
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

2 Likes

Newest Nvidia drivers don’t work. When is Asobo finally going to acknowledge this bug?! Seems like no one cares about this bug. Such a shame.

2 Likes

unfortunately this bug reappeared for me with driver v471.96 installed:

sending the dxdiag and screenshots to @pidge2k via e-mail driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Same issue for me each flight after SU5 and the problem persist after WU6.
Also I have flashing screens when changing views at every 3rd party airport. But on air dissapear the issue.
Latest nvidia Driver installed.

1 Like

This is really disturbing, it makes me feel sick :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Experiencing the same thing! Asobo, how does this get by you guys?? Every update I not only have to worry about you guys breaking something, but you also bug out things that had no issues from the beginning!! Very disappointing!

Also experiencing the same problem. :frowning: