All Controls stop responding

Today two or three times i’m tried use toolbar in VR (changing day/night/weather, changing flight phase) ang got unresponsive controls after that. My joy/rud/keyboard/mouse/pedals not work (i mean shortcut).

I see mouse, can turn on/off VR mode, can access options panel, can see bind/rebind buttons in options. But in game it not work. Only completely restarting game helps.

6 Likes

I had the same experience, however I was not using VR. Saving and loading the flight did not solve the issue, but completely starting the game did…

1 Like

Same just now in 747. Loss control of yoke and throttle mid flight

I found the same issue as I was in VR, only a restart helped.

Same happened to me and I posted elsewhere about this. Seems to be a bug. I wonder what triggers it.

Reporting to zendesk. Please also anyone who have same problem - report to zendesk.

Seen something similar when pressing the TAB key - controls become unresponsive

correct, i think it has to with the tab key.

See these topics

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/787-10-keybord-joystick-not-responding/317716/9?u=gordongreig

Looks like this hasn’t been fixed yet

i’ve experienced something similar when in VR and with developer mode enabled. It’s as though the mouse cursor gets “stuck” to the developer mode menu bar and effectively steals focus from the main flight sim window. When it’s doing this, the 3d mouse still moves over the controls but nothing happens when you try to activate the controls.

Agree - it is as if the TAB key here is switching to a different mode. I found it doesn’t matter where you press the TAB key - you can be in the settings menu and when you retutn to the cockpit nothing works. It doesn’t seem to work like a toggle unfortunately

I can get it out of this odd mode, by lifting my headset and using the usual “2d” mouse pointer to select the main window.

It does look like a focus issue and maybe similar to the one where the ATC or MAP is transformed into an independent window, which again steals focus from the main screen.

I have this issue just as of today. Its really annoying.

I had the same thing happen

I have a potential fix for those who are using WMR VR. Under “settings” go to the “headset display” tab and ensure the input switching is set to “manually switching…”. This also fixes the mouse appearance issue in DCS btw.

1 Like

Any fix for this ? i’ve been playing for about a month and all was fine . i upgraded to the premium deluxe package today to fly the Dreamliner and it instantly started happening

I should probably add that it is my throttle and joystick that are unresponsive , i can still work buttons with the mouse but am unable to zoom in and out , the keyboard also does not work

It happens both in VR and in 2d

I press escape key on keyboard then resume game to restore key bindings not working.

Hi gang! Complete newb here for MSFS2020 and VR. Got my Oculus Rift S headset up and running last night to the point that I could sit on the runway in the takeoff training mission and look around. Today I hooked up my Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant and crosswind rudder pedals (which work fine in non-VR), fired up the Landing mission and hit CTRL+TAB to switch to VR mode. Got my headset on, re-centered and then nothing. I get a mouse that moves around and I can look around with the headset but the mouse doesn’t click anything and none of the controls/rudder work at all. The plane isn’t even moving. It’s like the mission is waiting for me to click or do something to start. Not sure if this is related to the bug referenced in this thread or if I’m just missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I believe it is when the tab button is pressed , sometimes i can get it back working manually moving the throttle with the mouse backwards and forwards but most of the time i need to reboot the game

If you get into developer mode and check the options menu, is there a ‘resume’ option, suggesting that the game has been paused?

If so, selecting that might be a quicker way to get control back.