All perfect but horrible big cities...have no clue ! Help!

Hello everybody,

I have never have problems with scenery over small villages, landscapes around the worlds are amazing, mountains, terrain, colours, trees, etc. lovely experience. BUT when I fly over/around big cities, horrible spikes appear and cities look so unreal (see pic, supposed to be Detroit).

I have tried changing some settings, without luck. As I am no expert at all, I ask for your help. Here you find my settings (which I think I optimized after trials and errors in previous months), together with my pc main settings.

25-30 Mbps more or less is my connection speed.

The monitor is an AOC Gaming 24G2U/BK, 144hz, 1920x1080.

W. 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.80GHz, 32.0GB, 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Display set to Full Screen , Res 100 1920x1080
HDR10 on (off now) , Global quality custom , V-Sync off (60fps)
Render scaling 100, Anti Aliasing TAA
off screen cathing medium
Terrain level of detail 200 , Terrain vector data ultra
Buildings ultra, Trees ultra
Grass and bushes ultra
Objects level of details 150 , Volumetric clouds ultra
texture resolution high, anisotropic filtering 16x
texture supersampling 4x4, texture synthesis medium
water waves high, shadows maps 1536
terrain shadows 512, contact shadows high
windshield effects high, ambient occlusion high
reflections ultra, light shafts high
bloom on, depth of field high, motion blur high
lens correction off, lens flare on
glass cockpit refresh rate medium

Again, I am extremely satisfied with all the flights, landscapes, details, etc… no crashes, no stutters…It’s just the cities! THANKS!

Those are photogrammetry buildings being loaded. Maybe you’re having a bad connection on the server side or your Internet connection is a bit slow because someone’s watching Netflix etc.

1 Like

Or the wifi fridge kicked in etc etc. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Internet is chief suspect including wifi so test with a cable connection and reset the router etc. if no change go to your MSFS profile and click on your icon to get your ping time to the MS servers, there may well be an outage somewhere down the line.

However other things can have an effect too. Storage or a rolling cache on a fragmented and slow mechanical drive can fail to deliver (not that they should even be on the same drive as it’s only asking for problems). Also too little free space on any drive can cripple performance so always leave at least 11% spare and I advise always to let Windows handle virtual memory.

1 Like

@Rigorista86 I wouldn’t expect it for large buildings like that, but for much smaller objects, tress especially, no matter how long you wait it will never look like a tree. The resolution just isn’t there for such small objects.

The large pointy buildings could be incomplete download of PG data, or detail level. If you are far enough away, or you have your settings low enough then they will appear like that when viewed from a distance Going by your post above, it’s possible its being affected by Object detail 150…have you tried 200? Or fly closer?

Never when it’s as close as in the picture … that is definitely a data supply problem be it from poor internet or from his own harddrive/system or even conflicting data caused by a mod… Flushing or deleting the rolling cache should be his first course of action.

On more possibility is his ram although he doesn’t mention it’s speed.

1 Like

Thanks everybody, I reckon might be just slow connection so poor photogrammetry. But now I have a bigger problem, since this morning LIVE weather is not working anymore! I have restarted the game, the pc, everything is ON, I tried both LIVE weather and PRESET-LIVE (which was one of my favourite and never had an issue with weather!) and keep getting clear sky and qnh always at 29.92! It is weird because when I select the airport in the map I can see the clouds/rain in the top right icon, but then…zero! However, I understand this is not the appropriate section, but if you have an idea you can write me :slight_smile:

There was another thread here today with people not getting live weather. Guess that is also server related