All planes roll hard left upon take off and dive into the ground

My sim was working fine for months and then suddenly all planes roll hard left upon take off and dive into the ground.

-It’s not wind or weather. Happens with all planes in all conditions,

-It’s not my HOTAS (Warthog) or rudder pedals (CH Pro) because they all work in other sims.

-It’s not my controller sensitivities, they are all acting normal when I view them in game (or out of game)

-I have googled around and I am not the only one with this problem and thee is no apparent solution

-I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sim 3 times = no change

I have ben flight simming for over 20 years so I’m not new to this.

This sim is totally unplayable for me atm. Please fix this epic bug or advise on a solution.

Thanks.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

The fact that this keeps happening even though your controllers check out ok suggests that this is an error in your assignments. These are stored in the cloud so when you reinstall the sim the same controller assignments will be restored.

You may need to check all your keyboard, mouse, rudder pedal and HOTAS assignments to make sure nothing else is assigned to your ailerons or maybe rudder axes.

You may be able to shortcut the search by entering the appropriate search items into the ‘Search by Name’ section where you go to assign controls

You will probably need to search in each of your hardware sections (keyboard, rudder etc)

I had a similarly elusive assignment when I somehow assigned a right mouse movement to popup windows to request fuel and another to do with flight mangment (forgotten what it was called).

Hope this helps get you on the right track. Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t think it’s an assignment issue because when I look at the plane(s) in external view, all of the ailerons, elevators and the rudder show no use - all are level. The plane just dives even though the control surfaces are all straight and level. This is what suggests this is a bug.

I will dig deep into assignments and check and let you know but I really don’t think it is that.

Thanks again.

We are assuming that you are flying manually when the hard left roll happens. Is that correct? Can you not compensate for the left roll?

Yep, flying manually. AP off. I can compensate by going full right roll in light planes but the heavies, no chance.

Even when I do compensate with full right stick, it eventually defeats and ultimately always rolls left and nose down

I know it’s difficult to look around in the heat of an emergency, but are you sure the AP didn’t become activated somehow and is doing this?

1 Like

This was happening to me on a single day earlier this week. I tried restarting the sim but the problem continued. However, since then it hasn’t happened. Could it be an internet connection issue?

Yes. 100% sure it’s not AP. Unless AP is somehow on without AP lights showing but when I manually turn on AP immediately after takeoff, it doesn’t affect the planes at all.

Note, this happens in no-AP planes too.

It seems too sudden and definite to be an internet issue.

Disconnect your peripherals and see if that happens with keyboard-only control as well.

I assume you checked that you’re on modern flight model, not on legacy?

Reset/delete all your key/axis bindings and assign only the necessary to reproduce the issue.

2 Likes

So what is it now, left or right?
In your other, almost identical thread you wrote that all aircraft are rolling hard right?

I’m not sure exactly what the OP is describing but there’s a combined behavior - sudden left lateral lurch followed almost immediately by a right wing dip - that’s been happening to me on a couple of third-party taildraggers - the Flying Iron Spitfire and the Carenado Waco. The Spitfire can be tamed somewhat by using the right trim, applying throttle carefully and holding full back and right stick, then letting it out slowly. The Waco seems to misbehave independent of anything you do to it, and I can only manage to keep it straight if I hold it in three-point attitude 'til liftoff. I’d initially thought the behavior was hard-coded to speed but it also seems to coincide with the moment the tailwheel comes off - wondering if that’s the instant when the rudder (someone suggested “yaw speed”) kicks in at full force. @spybaz - are you seeing this in every airplane, or just the ones you fly? If the latter - which ones are those?

I haven’t noticed any wing-dip issue on takeoff unless there was a strong cross-wind.

2 Likes

It’s a very annoying issue. However, I found that a slider on my x52 got bumped out of place once in a while. That was the main cause yet there was something else going on. I found that sometimes just going onto the sensitivity controls in game and make a small tweak and save would resolve the issue. I believe the issue is tied directly to USB controls based on my own experience.

Hope that helps,
PACO572

Happened to me once only to the left I think. Lasted about a day and went away on its own not sure how or why.

Maybe your computer had a curse on it?

2 Likes

AlanA4643 - all planes I’ve tried. Props, jets, Spitfire, Neo, Cessna, all the exact same issue.

It was working fine for months and then suddenly this.

I do understand torque an wind effects. It’s not that. As soon as the AC leaves the runway it lurches left, rolls and dives into the ground. Perfectly straight while rolling on takeoff.

Okay, I’ll chime in here.

Maybe this is a different issue, but personally I have been experiencing an issue flying the FBW mod (stable and dev. version) where the aircraft immediately banks either hard left or hard right as son as I engage the AP after takeoff. Every single flight I’ve flown I experienced this issue and others have confirmed this. I reported it on the Github page, but nothing was done about it.

I checked everything, all my settings, dead zones, emptied my community folder, everything I could think of and the issue persisted. So, idk if this is a related issue, but I’m just telling you what I’ve experienced lately.

FearlessTiara18 - maybe the same issue but it’s always left for me.

1 Like

I mistyped. That thread is closed now. It’s left.