All planes roll hard left upon take off and dive into the ground

Disconnect your peripherals and see if that happens with keyboard-only control as well - already done. Happens with no peripherals plugged in

I assume you checked that you’re on modern flight model, not on legacy? - modern

Reset/delete all your key/axis bindings and assign only the necessary to reproduce the issue. - I am about to try this ut I doubt it will make no difference seeming as it happens with no peripherals plugged in…

I’ve since resorted to flying the new custom/experimental version and it doesn’t have this issue, thankfully. However, the AP is different and I’m still trying to get used to it.

I’d bet that it is related to the autopilot.

Here’s an experiment you can try: set up a flight plan and make the first waypoint a few miles away from the runway on runway heading and see if your aircraft still has this banking behavior.

I just want to be a second opinion here, I agree this needs to be attempted and reported back.

After numerous test flights, I had this issue. After takeoff I would have the FD centered flying runway heading and I would be flying towards a waypoint that was straight ahead of me and every time the aircraft would always bank either left or right when it should have kept flying staight and level.

I don’t understand how the AP in this sim can still be such a mess…

Well, this is intersting.

I went to reassign my rudder by clearing its axis:

start scanning

But when I click in the “START SCANNING” box, I get this:

This may the bug! I have selected my CH Pro pedals:

Before I deleted the axis just now, it was showing the axis movement just fine. Now I cannot assign my CH Pro pedals because it says:

trying

This message is clearly a mistake and is possibly the bug?

It happened me with a twin engine. Only used my throttle input for the left engine… Think it is not the case here, but you never know. Also thought it was my rudder

Even when I switch to another CH Pro profile (“Default”):

It still will not allow me to assign:

And when I look at the “Default” assignment (I have not deleted this assigment yet), it shows the rudder axis and it is active (moves when I move rudder pedals) and centered:

Yep, same message when I delete and try to reassign this axis:

trying

OK, I just uploaded a vid to YT: MSFS 2020 rolls and dives to the left upon takeoff. - YouTube

As I mention in the description, I unassigned my rudder pedals and assigned keyboard cursor keys to rudder (hence the erratic take off - rudders inputs are incremental, not smooth, and are therefore very hard to control). You can see I test all control surfaces before takeoff and they all work and are level. But as soon as I lift off the ground, boom, into the ground.

Note, I apply full right stick and some right rudder as soon as I take off so as to combat the left pull but at the end, I just let go the stick so you can see the left roll/dive.

To fly straight and level, I have to apply full right stick:

This only works on light planes. With heavier planes, the left pull is too much so there is no counterbalancing it at all.

I tried reassigning my stick axes just now too. Same message:

trying

So there is clearly a major bug going on here.

Does Asobo monitor this forum?

What really upsets me is that I have just ordered a motion platform and now I won’t be able to use it with MSFS 2020 (other sims, driving and flying are all ok).

This usually happens because you may have chosen the yoke but are trying to apply a keystroke from the keyboard instead of a yoke axis or button.

Another possibility is that you have moved the yoke to a different usb port and MSFS2020 has detected it as a different yoke device. Check to see if there is more than 1 device under your flight rudder pedals controls - there should be default and maybe one other if you have used the preset manager to save your own settings.

1 Like

Thanks for replying PScaber.

Everything in the control settings (which are horrifically clunky, like Star Citizen) appears normal except I cannot assign any axes.

No double assignments in either the sim settings or in my PC Devices & Settings.

Having the exact same issue. Disabling all Flybywire and Workingtitle mods resolved the issue. Still not sure why it happened though. Because it was not happening in every flight, however, 2 out of 3 flights.

Also I suffered black/turned off glass screens in the cockpit, which was also described in some topic on this forum to be due to fbw not working properly.

How do I resolve this? Is here a ticket I an open? This is $120 down the drain for me atm…

I have no mods installed. I did 3 clean reinstalls (takes a day to download each time).

I have opened a ticket: “Your request (100000) has been received.”

I have the exact same problem. As soon as the plane picks up a certain speed during takeoff it banks hard to the left. Even full right rudder can’t correct it. Doesn’t matter which plane and it even happens with no wind blowing. I don’t think it’s a hardware issue because it goes straight first and then at a certain point it hits hard to the left. And after takeoff the plane dives into the ground.

If this was rl we would have a whole lot more accidents.

1 Like