All planes roll hard left upon take off and dive into the ground

Does your aircraft actually roll to the left? Sounds more like yaw to me, which is a different issue.

nop, it happens to all planes, at low speed the roll to the left is minor, but when you increase the speed the roll is biger, so i have to use the rudder to compensate, and at the exact momen im takeoff i have to stop to push the rudders,and the same happend when i land, i think is no the yoke becouse when i takeoff the roll to the left stops, this only happen in ground.

This doesn’t make sense. If the aircraft actually rolls you need aileron to counteract the roll.
Confirm the right wheel actually lifts from the runway when the left rolling occurs?

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. Only been an issue since I installed the FlyingIron Spitfire and now the Milviz Corsair. Take offs and landings are a real mess, veering wildly and having to engage ailerons to avoid tipping.

I’ve flown sims for years and also fly various warbirds in DCS max realism. No idea what the issue is, but I have no issues whatsoever in DCS.

I’m also having this issue. Only been an issue since I installed the FlyingIron Spitfire

Recheck your flight mode settings to ensure that you are using Modern mode and not Legacy mode. If it does show Modern mode it might pay to switch to Legacy, save and exit and then come back to switch it back to modern mode.

The symptoms described occurred when I had switched to Legacy for an old FSX aircraft and then forgot to switch back. I’m wondering if a software glitch has occurred where the system shows Modern Mode but is still actually in Legacy Mode.

Hello, first of all thanks for your answer, and you must understand that my main language is Spanish, that means that for me it is a bit difficult to express what I want correctly, let me try to explain you.
when you’re on the runway and the throttle is idling, the plane is stationary, when I increase speed, the plane starts turning to the left, so I have to push the right rudder to run in a straight line, if I increase speed the The plane turns much more to the left, and I have to push almost 100% of the right rudder to be able to stay on the runway, as soon as the plane rises I have to release the rudders and the turn to the left is no longer there, it is as if at Being in contact with the ground will activate a force that forces the plane to turn to the left, and the higher the speed of the plane, the greater that force, but I repeat, when rising, that force disappears, the same happens when I want to land, At the moment of landing, the plane abruptly tries to turn to the left, and yes, I think you are right, it is a problem with the yaw, but not with my hardwere, it is some torque coefficient or something like that, maybe the Asobo people should get a copy of the X plane 11 or the flight simulator x and fly in those simulators so that they can understand how the dynamics of their planes is very bad, maybe they never used a simulator or flown a real plane and that is why they do not understand what we mean when we inform them of errors.and yes im in modern mode.

Is there any crosswind when this left turning/yawing happens? Again, that’s a different problem than the left roll problem.
MSFS is based on FSX and at least one of the Asobo lead programers is a pilot, so there’s no need to look at other sims.

I’ve read about others experiencing the increasing left turning tendency with increasing speed, but I’ve never observed that myself in a no wind condition.

Thanks for the suggestion.
This didn’t work unfortunately. But it did make me look closer at my configuration.
I’ve reduced the sensitivity right back on my T-rudder. This has helped.
I still find the tendency to ground loop is unrealistic in MSFS. I can’t seem to stop the Corsair from veering off the runway after landing.

Hi
I just experienced this for the first time. I had pre-set the heading knob to r/w heading which may have inadvertently activated the autopilot. Result - the a/c rolled…
2nd time did not touch any autopilot buttons/pre-sets and the take-off was normal…any chance you’re doing that?

Try a couple of things - might be obvious, but check anyway:

1. Flight model set to MODERN and not LEGACY

2. Check if you have any assists turned on - try turning them off (although if you have veering left on take off while rolling on the runway, this would be normal behaviour for a propeller plane)

Hello again, there is no crosswind, and it is very weird because that always pushes you to the left, and as I told you the moment the wheels left the track, the force stops, so I think something is wrong. The subjection of trying other simulators is not to annoy or offend, it is to see the great difference, I do not think that airplanes should take off with the left rudder at 100% without crosswinds, or that crosswinds always appear that always push you On the left, whatever the orientation of the tracks, it is not possible that so many users are inventing the same problem just to annoy their team, in fact I remember that according to me at the beginning before update # 2 that force was not so strong, the tendency to the left was more natural.
I also do not think that when entering these forums, users have to explain and explain and in some cases try to convince the programmers that something is wrong, I would rather be flying in their simulator instead of being here trying to make them listen to the users that we have a similar problem and that when we report something to them, they tell us that we are the ones with the problem, that it is the wind, that it is the sensitivity, that the legacy or modern mode, in truth, I just want to fly without having to fight each time I try to take off or land, and above all, I do not intend to annoy or offend you, that is not my job or my intentions, your simulator is very beautiful, the views are incredible and I think they have really done a marvel, but still has problems with dynamics and, if we who use it do not inform them, then how can they solve it?

I fly GA

This is way beyond the p-factor left turn.
The aircraft becomes wildly unstable then once the wheel leave the ground… it very quickly is gone.
Upon landing it returns. This is intermittent for me, wind or no wind.

Then there is the separate issue with a hard roll left/right upon AP activation, which seem related to the AP being mysteriously activated on the ground. (check trim and unit before runway entry) It is an auto restart for me.

1 Like

The problem is that this issue is apparently difficult to replicate.
Without wind I’ve never experienced these problem with any aircraft.

I just made a flight with the cesna 172 skyhawk and when I took off the same thing happened to me, before reaching 60 knots the plane was already sliding, but this time to the right, as I mentioned, when taking off that displacement disappears, now When landing I did it without the flaps at full and the displacement was less, also note that the sterin weell is not synchronized with the pedals, I assigned some keys on the keyboard, but still the trend continues. Let me tell you that I do have wind, but it is 6 knots, maybe a little more or a little less, but when you increase the speed it is as if the wind is 2 or 3 times stronger.

Hi Golf587
do you by chance select ANY autopilot keys (heading or otherwise) prior to taking off?

I got the same issue. Banking left with all planes. Using the Xbox controller. Therefor i didnt had this issue before.

You see the problem with troubleshooting? That’s what you previously wrote:

The yoke and the pedals are synchronized, can you explain this more detailed?
Are you using keys to control the rudder? If yes, this would explain most, if not all of your problems.

Hello again, let me tell you, yes, I have flown with wind, but that wind is 6 to 10 knots, when you start take off this wind drags you to the side, as you accelerate the drag is much greater, almost uncontrollable, and when you take off it disappears, For me it is logical to think that if the wind drags you so hard while you run along the track, it will also do it when you rise, but that does not happen, now, when landing, arriving at the track everything goes well, but when you touch the ground , That force appears again that it takes a lot of work to control so as not to get out of the way, why before landing there was no such wind, and when it touched land it became almost uncontrollable? I told you about the steering wheel because I thought that that force Maybe it could be because that wheel rotated more than necessary and for that reason the plane was deflected, and I noticed that when you use the rudders that wheel does not move, so I assigned some keys to it I tried to control the plane using the steerin wheel, but it didn’t work, Now, all the flights that I did at the beginning were from south to north, and that is why the plane always deviated to the left, today I made a turn from north to south and the deviation was to the right, clarifying the crosswind, I consider that a 6 knot wind is not enough to deflect a plane, however I don’t know what your parameters are, and maybe for you 6 knots is a cross wind, maybe even for you it is a severe cross wind, I don’t know, already I do not want to continue trying to be heard, at each point that I indicate you find reasons to disqualify it, if you say that everything is fine and there are no reasons to come to you, perfect, it is your product and its quality, I am not the only one who is reporting this, but it seems that we are all wrong and we have too much free time to be bothering you, so I give up, I thank you for your attention and have a good day.

1 Like

First you wrote there is no wind, now you state there is wind.

I don’t care if you consider 6kts aren’t enough turn an aircraft into the wind, but I can tell you that you are wrong.
6kts is already 50% of the crosswind limit for a C152.

Rest assured that i will not continue to discuss with you.

My normal ‘habit’, if IFR, is to dial in the assigned altitude in the clearance… if the AP has that ability. But, the AP remains off. So an errant mouse or keyboard click might accidently switch it on.

I have caught the AP being on at the hold line when I do my ‘time, lights, camera, and action’. The pitch trim is misaligned, is a symptom. Vertical speed has a bug in the aircraft or simulators, so I ignore that for now.

Heading bug is aligned to the selected runway, and the HSI/VOR is aligned to the desired track to first waypoint. VOR2 is to the next VOR or a crossing radial for a waypoint.

I think that is it, for anything AP-related, prior to engagement somewhere along the departure.