ALL VORs in Peru are classed as TERMINAL?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

All of the VORs in Peru are classed as TERMINAL (short range)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

VOR to VOR in Peru is simply not possible
Is this REALLY correct? MS even has used runway challenges in the country, that it is impossible to use VORs to fly into. Then entire country has HUGE unnavigable areas, unless you are using GPS navigation. I have been trying to create VOR flight plans, traversing the country from north to south. Most runways and mountain areas are simply impossible to do, using the nav radios of the period in prop aircraft. Having old Nav data is one thing, but having NO high range VORs is simply unacceptable. Yes, I could “fix it” with Navigraph, but the vast majority of users simply do not have it. And I am trying to create events for the Community. Peru may be my breaking point.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

SimBrief can create VOR to VOR flight plans that can be used by MSFS. Here is a sample flight plan in Peru: SPJC DCT SLS DCT BTE DCT TRU DCT CLA UV1 URA DCT BES DCT SPME

Granted this flight is mostly along the coast but there are VORs in the mountains connected by Low Altitude airways.

But I think you miss the point. I fly on VOR instruments. I don’t use the Garmin for what it is. I have had others confirm that there are actually ROUTE VORs in Peru, but not in the Sim. I have told some of the flyers in my group, and they weren’t happy either. Most aren’t looking forward to Garmin DIRECT TOs. The MAGENTA LINE is simply not done with us.

Sorry for the misunderstanding… I answered you without checking MSFS first. I understand your issue now and have been able to duplicate it. This seems to be part of a bigger problem. There are other countries where VOR-to-VOR is “unavailable”. There are other places where it works. The bigger problem is that no navaids are shown on the World Map unless they are in the flight plan or unless the VOR name is entered in the search box. In other words, the VORs are in the MSFS navigation data base but they are not available on the World Map. I am thinking that the missing VORs are causing the “unavailable”.

I am going to open a ticket with Zendesk about this. This is a big problem!

Meanwhile you might try using LittleNavMap and exporting a VFR flight plan to MSFS. The SimBrief suggestion I mentioned earlier will create an IFR VOR to VOR flight plan which is not what you need.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. Created a new flight plan using the World Map. Entered SPJC as the departure and SPME as the destination. Used the drop-down box to select VOR-to-VOR as the flight plan type. A message is displayed that indicates VOR-to-VOR is unavailable.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This happens in other locations other than Peru. However, VOR-to-VOR works in some locations. This might be caused by the NAVAIDs missing from the World Map. (I opened Bug Report for this problem.) A VFR flight plan can be created only if the VOR identifier is known, searched for, and then added to the flight plan. This does not create a VFR-to-VFR flight plan. IFR flight planning is not impacted.

The VORs and other NAVAIDs are in the MSFS navigation database. The problem is that they are not displayed on the World Map and probably impacts VOR-to-VOR flight planning creation. The attached photo shows a flight plan with VOR navaids indicating the navaids are in the MSFS database. The flight plan in the photo was created as a VFR flight plan. The VORs were manually searched for and added. Then VOR-to-VOR was selected in the drop-down showing “unavailable”.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The problem with the missing VORs and NDBs on the World Map has been fixed. However, the VOR-to-VOR flight planning still shows “Unavailable” for Peru.