All you do is complain complain complain

What the alternative ? being stuck with an old FS engine or give the Asobo folks some time to develop this sim while being able to enjoy the ride of being able to try out their work while they continue to develop the sim…

■■■■■.

55 Likes

Agreed.
While some of the stuff that’s cropped up, admittedly is rather annoying, I remember other flight simulators (less complex than this one) also having many teething problems. It’s simply not realistic to expect the same level of sophistication from a new product, than of something that’s over 10 years old, like P3D.

5 Likes

You should always take forums such as these with a pinch of salt, as they always tend to attract the Negative Nancy and the poison-the-well brigades.

Most people who enjoy the sim are busy flying :slight_smile:

Bug reports, constructive feedback etc is of course needed, but you can quite easily spot a number of posters who clearly thrive by being negative.

17 Likes

That’s because this is a public forum and therefore a place to have ones opinions seen and heard, a place to find possible solutions to a problem, possibly vent on a frustration. I did it yesterday on a different post and it helped.

There are also lots of positive, fun, interesting and constructive things to read here.

4 Likes

I tend to not complain, but since last update all planes are unflayable, the a320 takes off at 80kts and the TBM can fly at 45kts without stalling, wtf did they do with the flight model?

6 Likes

“Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows”
Cheers

1 Like

Agree.

I’m afraid they might dumb down MSFS 2020 for the Xbox release in an attempt to give the $500 Xbox players the same flight experience as a $5000 desk top computer customized for flight sims.

Right now you just have to “drive” your plane onto the runway as if it were a car. The planes are suddenly flying like the flight models were designed for a kids game on Xbox.

I can just see some “suit” at Microsoft who is not a pilot and has no flight sim experience trying MSFS 2020 for ten minutes, and when they couldn’t land their plane claiming “It’s too hard! Dumb it down!”

3 Likes

ofcourse, it needs to be sold to them too, but its not as bad as you say.
cleary some bug crept in with this last update.
flying over africa sahara etc is really great in savage cub.
ppl in the forums tend to see the negative stuff only.

1 Like

Perhaps that is because things keep getting broken. We have better water reflection now but it came at the expense of a pale blue fringe around some 3D objects when viewed at certain angles against water. We have a better resolution mesh but it came at the expense of mountains and hillsides breaking up at different levels of detail revealing sky behind and lake water creeping up the sides of hills. Scenery produced in the SDK that worked fine now doesnt work and has to be re-worked. Aircraft are still problematic too.

Its all very well for the OP to say all people do is complain but if their experience suffers of course they are going to complain. Updates are supposed to improve the sim, not take it backwards in some respects.

11 Likes

I agree, but I hope they don’t use a “one size fits all” with the flight models for Xbox and a gaming computer. If they do, they will ruin MSFS 2020 as a flight sim and turn it into “Happy Plane!”

2 Likes

Oh yeah because creating topics about people complaining (wich they have VERY good reasons for) is gonna make things better. What do you want? A candy because you’re the better person and just deal with this mess?

People complaining doesn’t mean at all that they hate it, or don’t enjoy it. It meanst that there’s something they don’t agree with. Weather they’re right or wrong, the amount of complainers can certainly tell you something about the state that this simulator was released in.

I enjoy this sim alot. But once in a while there’s something comming along that just frustrates the hell out of me. So i go here, and complain. If we all just pretend that everything is fine and we just need to deal with the fact that this sim is in a waaaay to early state to be sols as an consumuer ready product then probably things will even develop slower than it allready is now.

Remember, autopilot still doesnt function. Planes still behave unrealistic or weird (airliners especially). Replay function is still nowhere to be seen. Ai looks/behaves pathetic. Atc is prety much copied from fsx. graphics still has weird glitches and is only been downgraded since alpha. (not talking about the world opdates here but just overal graphics) etc. etc. etc. etc.

Yes, the sim is great. It’s new. looks impressive. Feels nice. But the lack of some basic stuff together with the HUGE amount of bugs/weirdness is not comparable with any other game that came out in the last decade. Yes other sims had issues too. But common. This is backed by microsoft. And asobo should be capable of doing a better job. Something just went wrong and now they’re only busy with cleaning up the mess. Wether it has to do with covid or something else. If they’re not expecting people to complain, they shouldn’t release the sim so ■■■■ early.

14 Likes

The time to develop the platform was before release. Even then, it’s been months since release and we’re still in this mode of two-steps-forward-one-step-back with each update featuring some sort of glaring new issues.

It’s sloppy. No other word for it.

15 Likes

I would simply say that with something this complex, if all that was put out there was glowing feedback and praise then the issues/problems wouldn’t get noticed/addressed. I’m very hopeful that this sim can keep growing into something great, but it can be a painful process and all the warts and faults need to get pointed out and then taken seriously and addressed by the developer. What appears as nothing but complaining can result in real improvement.

1 Like

I enjoy flying in this Sim, in fact I love it. But I’m not blind or naive enough to know that Asobo have made some glaring mistakes in these first few months, so it’s only right that people (i.e. Customers) do complain especially when some Issues/Bugs should never of seen the light of day in the first place.

Of course constructive criticism is best, out laying the issues with direct informative posts, but as like all “gaming” forums there will be rants & moans without reasoning or proper dialogue, that’s just the way it is.

Is it OK to complain? Yes it is, the more of it the more Asobo may wake up and up their game.

2 Likes

I won‘t agree or disagree with you, but keep a few things in mind:

Asobo are developers who work for and with support of Microsoft. When MS says „you release now it will work somehow, just make sure we can promote it“ then they have to do that.

They have always been a normal game developer. I don‘t know why they were chosen to do the sim and I won‘t assume any reasons, but they were in a situation to be simple coders who had and continue to have to learn a lot. There is or was no aviation background, no idea about aerodynamics, possibly not even about the existance of this big flight sim community.

All that can not be ignored.

2 Likes

The problem is they are not fixing the basic stuff that is wrong, and pushing out graphical changes instead because their masters at Microsoft are trying to sell a game. Asobo on their own would probably listen and fix the clearly broken ATC as an example.
That is not what Microsoft want though, they are selling a game, make it more attractive for my customers to buy appears to be what they are after and the melting buildings issue is clearly because there servers can not cope.

6 Likes

Is that true? I know nothing about Asobos background, but that in itself is a glaring issue IMO. Surely you’d want a Developer with history of working with Flight Titles involved - might go a long way to explaining the Aero “issues”

There’s two sides of this. And I say this as a professional simulation engineer and software developer.

It’s not like MS picked Asobo out of nowhere and enslaved them to do their bidding. When a company goes looking for a developer house, the developer house knows what they’re getting into.

“We need someone to do X deliverable (flight sim with such-and-such features) in Y amount of time, can you do it?”

If you agree to do the work and it’s totally out of your wheel house, and you totally underestimate how much time and effort it’s going to take - that’s on you as the developer, not the person cutting your check to do the work.

1 Like

Microsoft want a developer that produces a product, at the right price and makes them a profit, that is all they are interested in. Asobo came in at the right price and convinced them they could provide it, their history of developing software may have been looked at but that is about all. Hard core Flight Simulation is not what Microsoft is about, they are out to make a buck, they could just as easily drop MSFS tomorrow rather than buy new servers.

2 Likes

I wonder if they underestimated the work required to make FSX a stable platform. Working on other people’s code which is pushing 20 years old can be somewhat challenging, especially if there’s not much documentation.

2 Likes