Allow keybinds for all g1000 soft keys, knobs, buttons

Don’t know if you found a solution but if i understand you right then those Event ID’s will help you:

TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1
Toggles between GPS and NAV 1 driving NAV 1 OBS display (and AP)

AP_NAV_SELECT_SET
Sets the nav (1 or 2) which is used by the Nav hold modes
(use Parameter 1 for OBS of NAV 1 and 2 for OBS of NAV 2)

It works for me, however i would love to see working Event ID’s for the Push Buttons and Rotary Knob of the Garmin, thats why i google now and then and found this thread.

Edit:
Sorry i am not sure if Event ID’s would be of any help to you since you were asking for Key Bind inside the sim. But as those Event ID’s work, they might be available to bind within other software like FSUIPC.

1 Like

G1000 and Multi select button- Controls setup- How do you assign an external button to it? (I could not find a related description on CONTROLS configuration) - I am trying to set up a Knobster type button to help in entering MFD data in the G1000-
I guess this is the right thread for that request— I’ll wait to see when we get a solution…
Thx!

1 Like

Intersting, is there any software that can accept a joytick input an map it to an eventID?

Yes - see here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/joystick-to-simconnect-mapping-utility-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-mappings-included/346493

It’s 2021 where’s the update to the keybinds :wink:

1 Like

If you add the MOBIFlight Events module you can get them today. I posted up a message last night how to do this and will be posting my WIP Air Manager panel later today.

1 Like

How can I map those events to my button box tho? I assume I would need to use the custom app posted above, that was just released. Also have a link to your post??

Yes for a custom panel you may want to look into using the full Mobiflight app which allow you to map the hardware to the events. For my purposes I’m only using the events module at present in conjuction with my Streamdeck XL and Air Manager, tho I do have a plan to add encoders in the near future and will use MOBIFLIGHT for the interface.

Yeah I will probably try out to the other app however I am a little nervous about installing random little apps like that. Honestly I just wish Asobo would add the key binds.

2 Likes

It seems that spad.next is able to trigger G1000 events now, with the LVAR bridge configured. I have tried to reproduce the same event in this video:
(Sim Video) MSFS LVAR Bridge Configuration - YouTube,
and I could press FPL button, FMS knobs… with my joystick, at least with the same plane than in the video: AC62 Asobo. I couldn’t however to catch the events when pressing with the mouse in the cockpit, but they can be selected manually with spad.next (AS1000 events).

In this video he is running SPADNEXT 0.9.10.7 (alpha/beta). I cannot find that version. I am on 0.9.10.0. Have you tried this and it works? What version are you on?

I think that to be able to have the beta and alpha version you have to buy the complete version. I bought the Complete Edition time ago, and I have the alpha version installed 0.9.10.12. To install beta or alpha version you have to activate it in Aplication Settings → Expert → Update Channel: Beta (or alpha). And to use LVAR bridge, you have to unzip SPAD.neXt.MSFS-Bridge.zip into the MSFS: Packages\Community

Awesome, Thanks for the speedy reply! That did it. I now have the folder needed to move to the community folder. Going to try set up now.

1 Like

Especially since the mouse cursor doesn’t jostle in sync with the plane. (Not a problem if you shift to the correct “I can’t see anything else” view, but a pain to have to do every time.

BTW, Arrashona (screen name) has all but the RANGE knob mapped to his (and my) Stream Deck via Flight-Tracker software (via SimConnect). We can increment and decrement Heading Bug, Alt and more recently VOR1 Course. The lone holdout is GPS Range. I also saw KEY_ settings for the MFD and PFD page knobs, but we haven’t incorporated those yet.

Vote for the mouse cursor to jostle in sync with the plane here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/provide-a-sticky-mouse-option-for-interacting-with-the-cockpit/344872

1 Like

Like all zendesk requests since alpha, in the recycled bin

Has there been an update to this?

Spadnext allows you to do exactly that but it is paid. I will end up buying it after the 14 days free trial because it made a huge difference. Best regards!

Hi! Guys - I have 3 Cougar MFDs that I want to use to control the buttons on the various Garmin units (like the 12 lower buttons would bind to 12 of one of my MFDs). Is this how I need to do it? I’ve installed Spad-Next, but that’s as far as I’ve got. How do I make each MFD button activate a Garmin button?

I just want to mention that you can assign these through MobiFlight (https://mobiflight.com) which is free and open source. Check out https://hubhop.mobiflight.com for all events that the community is actively maintaining.

2 Likes