Allow us to move into the cabin / rear passenger seats?

I noticed that on some aircraft (XCub, DA40s, DA62, G58, G36, King Air, C172s, C208, CJ4), there is an invisible wall blocking camera access to the cabin / rear passenger seats. The interiors of these aircraft are mostly fleshed out and it would be nice to be able to move into the cabin and take a seat with a passenger viewpoint.

PS: The SR22 and TBM already have their entire interiors accessible.

5 Likes

Agreed-this would be great to see added.

4 Likes

There must be something that we can disable in the aircraft files to allow the camera to move freely.
In that new Carenado aircraft, they havenā€™t bothered setting that up so you can move around wherever you want - which is great!

You can see Catstrator move the camera out of the Carenado airplane at 20:40-21:00

1 Like

I agree, itā€™s a pity to have such beautiful cabins and not be able to enjoy them and set custom wing views. I hope that the developers will show us how to remove the movement limits, or remove those limits in a future update.

5 Likes

Why canā€™t I go through the cabin with the cockpit view on all aircraft? This is not a problem with the TBM 930. I understand that it is not possible with aircraft without a cabin view. What I do not understand: Why can I, for example. not with the Beechcraft King Air, although the cabin view is simulated?!

What I mean:

2020-08-25 22_18_04-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.7.12.0|690x370

2 Likes

Dumb question, do you have the command bound to a key? That seemed to do it for me

what command did you mean?
I tried to navigate with the arrow keys through the cockpit, this works for any aircraft.
In the TBM 930 I can navigate more then only through the cockpit - I can navigate completely through the cabin.

In other aircrafts the camera stops immediately when I try to leave the ā€œcockpit areaā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m also curious about this. Perhaps there is a fix in the config files somewhere? Iā€™m not savvy enough to try myself. :slight_smile:

Additionally, I hope that the Longitude will get some kind of simulated cabin in the future. I also really wish I could open doors and windows!

1 Like

Ah, one sort of workaround (which isnā€™t ideal) is to use the drone camera to move into the back of the plane. However, when the plane is in motion, itā€™s hard to keep the camera in a good position in the cabin. Also, you can hear the engine noise as if you were viewing from outside of the plane.

yes I know this workaround but you can`t save this to a a hotkey and as you said you hear that outside noise. So I hope this is only a bug which will fix in the future. It is curios that this is possible in the TBM 930ā€¦

Agree. Is there any way to disable this? I would like to move freely inside the cabin.

Absolutelly liked Xp11 system with free camera,

they (Asobo) implemented this system but looks like some ranges in cabin are defined. That was pretty cool, I parked TBM on Aprone and saw some arrival flight on OM so hurry to runway ā€˜with footā€™ what a great looking Airliner landed and goes near to meā€¦

1 Like

You can move Indy the back using the drone camera. However, agree it would be easier if there was a hot key/defined setting.

In some aircraft (XCub, DA40s, DA62, G58, G36, King Air, C172s, C208, CJ4), there is an invisible wall blocking camera access to the cabin / rear passenger seats.

The interiors of these aircraft are mostly fleshed out and it would be nice to be able to move into the cabin and take a seat with a passenger viewpoint in the above aircraft using the ALT + arrow keys, similar to FSX.

Will the above be added in a future patch or update?

I can do this in the TBM930 but not in the XCub DA40s, DA62, G58, G36, King Air, C172s, C208, CJ4 currently.

Also submitted this to Zendesk.

Have you also tried with Longitude? I have a simillar issue with that plane

Same with that one.

Yeah I kind of call this a cabin boundary and it seems to be mostly open in the TBM, (this has an affect on sound as well as the camera) I would be nice if they opened the model boundaries on other aircraft the way it is in the TBM, leaving out the airliners makes sense but the smaller craft where the cabin is already modeled donā€™t make much sense.

I would love to walk around the cabin when flying a jet. Imagine how fun it would be to walk up to the upper deck of the 747.

Fun fact, C208, cessna CJ4 and few others have a 3d interior but you cant ā€œwalkā€ in the aircraft,

in this cases we like to walk inside the plane and ser the camera on window, I understand can be a pain in the ā– ā– ā–  to draw bigger planes interior, BUT JUST UNLOCK THE CAMERA FOR SMALL PLANES WITH ALL INTERIOR RENDERED PLEASE

1 Like

First of all Iā€™d like to be able to make a real walkaround without pretending it with a drone cam.

1 Like