Allow us to move into the cabin / rear passenger seats?

anybody know if this is a “bug” which will fix in the future?
I feel sad when I see there is a detailed view of cabin (example beechcraft king air) but no chance to reach this as a “passenger view”.

I dont know, but I really hope that Asobo can remove this invisible wall from all (or most) planes so that we can freely move through the cabin or backseats using the cockpit camera. It is already possible in the TBM, so please update te other planes as well.

3 Likes

You can download this set of custom camera views and enjoy the nice cabins.

3 Likes

Will give that a go!

I guess it would be good to model insides of all planes (including jets and airliners) and have the ability to move the camera inside, so details can be seen (and you can “sit” in a passanger’s seat).

Then as an extension to this, I would love to see multiplayer where others can sit in your aircraft. Different seats would have different ‘rights’ as to the controls they have access to. Perhaps the captain could control what is available to his co-pilot/passenger/student. Cabin crews have access to doors, lights etc.

Now imaging loading up your C172 with 3 of your best mates for a scenic trip… A320 operations with cabin crew?

2 Likes

Or create a separate camera view called cabin where they can model the cabin for cabin views, but leave the non-visible models from cockpit views to help reduce performance issues. I really want this capability for when they introduce REPLAY.

1 Like

For what it is worth, the 3rd party aircraft by Carenado (C182, M20, PA44 are all available in the FS Marketplace) all have free camera movement in cockpit view. You can even move outside the aircraft. They are all fully modelled.
I really enjoy flying them with autopilot on, moving to a passenger seat and just enjoying the scenery and aircraft detail that so much effort has gone in to. Real-time aircraft animations are great to watch - which is sad that you typically miss these as a pilot because they are not within your normal visible area.

1 Like

This is such a good idea, Also why cant we see passengers onboard when doing ONAIR missions or other 3rd party addons passanger missions.

Why has it got to be just the flight, more realism and interaction with passengers is in need for us to have more stuff to do whilst we wait bored reaching our arrivals… please advice,

cant msfs2020 be connected in another virtual platform network connected to simulator human etc programs to travel to and from … also for new world virtual travelling… please advice

Can do so now with the 208 and Baron 58 but not the King Air or CJ4.

1 Like

I think this would be a very cool feature to have for planes with modeled interiors. I’d love to be able to do this with the CJ4.

1 Like

hi i believe yes they can and they will eventually develop, the question is why so slow progress when the game is a hit in 2020. Another idea would be to be able to fly more than one flight at the same session playing and you can switch between flights planes etc… Microsoft CAN do anything they wish , why ist this not done yet like they did GTA ONLINE amazing complete game., they should bring simulation flying to the maximum level posiible and also accesible to all and soon cars will have drones flying etc this is the way forward… Hopefully, swaping planes and flying 2 or 3 planes at the same time would be amazing, whilst we wait time becomes checking other flights progress, non stop. heheheheh tell me what you think…

For VR users, if your room is deep enough, you can actually “walk around” the interior.
I was able to do this in the 747, which also has an invisible wall right behind the seats. It was pretty cool to just stand up from the captain’s seat and have a look around. You can even poke your head out the window and look down.
It may be a bit of work, but if you’d arrange chairs roughly into the position of the airplane seats, it adds another level of immersion.

I still agree that the invisible wall needs to be removed in all airplanes, but thought this would be a interesting thing to share.

1 Like

All that’s required to increase the camera view, is to make the ‘camera box’ bigger, to fill the entire cabin. But Asobo has to do this…

1 Like

Yes please!

This video supplements the instructions already available but I found makes it a lot easier to understand.

(1) [MSFS] Creating CUSTOM WING VIEWS in Microsoft Flight Simulator|Drawyah - YouTube

Here are some examples of my own to show you that it does work. Nothing quite like doing a flight and replaying the flight as a passenger so you can enjoy the scenery.

1 Like

ALT and CURSOR KEY DOWN ARROW will move you backwards in VR. No need to physically move around the room. I replay my flight in VR as a passenger so I can enjoy the scenery.

1 Like

You should be able to walk through the cabin and explore the plane.

2 Likes

Oh yes it works with their planes. I got the C170B and you can go outside the plane with the cockpit camera so you can save custom views. Asobo should do the same with their planes.

1 Like

I really wish to roam right through a passenger airliner without being placed in a spot with dark greyed out walls! It looks terrible in VR! Personally, I would love to be able to slew through the passenger views and actually ‘sit’ inside a full view fuselage of all the passenger seats and being able to see right around the cabin and able to ‘choose’ my seat, if I decide to sit in there to take a rest from flying the plane. Or even if I select AI to fly the plane. This would be absolutely awesome. I agree that we should be able to slew back and forth from the cockpit into the passenger areas. At the moment, we can slew up and down, left to right inside the cockpit, but nothing for passenger views.