Allow WASM-based aircraft to undock their avionics as pop-out windows

For some processors, yes it may be a hit, but the option for the top tier GPUs should be there.

Pop out on all aircraft featuring glass cockpits are a must.

So disappointed now when 737 Pmdg is released and can’t popout Pfd and ND.

Even in Fs2004 this was possible!

I didn’t want to divert attention from this important vote

While not the best, FreeFD works pretty well for the 737 for now.

Wewwww
 so glad I saw this thread. Was about to purchase the PMDG 737. Not having popouts makes this DOA for me. Crazy. Hopefully this is added in the future so I can add the aircraft to my collection.

1 Like

They did it folks!

Latest update has pop out windows! On the PMDG 737!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I found that the new pop out screens in the PMDG 737 freeze as soon as the external view is activated and work again when you the view is restored inside the cockpit. Anyone has had the same experience? Is there any solution for this?

How are they activated?

Is not 100% working have same issue then Aerosoft CRJ

This thread can probably be closed or renamed, as the lack of undocking doesn’t seem to have been a WASM issue, but a material configuration issue. I believe it was fixed in the PMDG 737 by adding collision property to the instrument screen materials to enable mouse collision. As the PMDG was fixed it’s probably no longer necessary to have this as a wishlist item.

The undocked instruments not updating in external camera on the PMDG is a separate issue from not being able to undock them. I don’t know if this could be a WASM issue, but I have another WASM instrument plane that does update its undocked instruments in external camera just fine, so this may have other causes, or be a design choice for performance?

1 Like

The topic was closed, as users indicated that pop-out screens are working on the PMDG B737 after an aircraft update was released.

2 Likes