Aloha , any recommended addons for Hawaii ? Mahalo

Hi @SHRIMPWALL - The 1.3.2 update that was just released included the new models for the USS Missouri and USS Bowfin (with guns) plus some other minor adjustments. We’ve engaged with Asobo on the the issue you’re experiencing with the grid someone is looking into it for us.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Hey folks, I just did a simple little airport on the Big Island. I’ve been flying FSEconomy flights around the islands (a great way to find new places to visit) and the other day a mission sent me to Upper Paauau HI29 and I couldn’t even find the airstrip. It was covered by trees and I don’t think anything bigger than an ultralight could get into the stock airport.

So I broke out the SDK and made the tree lines match the Google Maps imagery. And added a few more details just to spruce up what’s really nothing but a gravel strip for ag planes. (Chickens are now included as scenery objects in some default MS airports! So now Hawaiian airfields can be a lot more authentic!)

It’s nothing elaborate, but if you want to practice landing in tight spaces, or want to make sure the airport is flyable for FSE, please enjoy!

8 Likes

Handmade Honolulu on this hard to find gem of a site. Also a lot of handmade Japan content. Kenichi Ochiai FS2020

2 Likes

Thanks, @MrTonySM! That Honolulu package is really nice. Downloaded all of his Japanese cities as well.

Looks like photogrammetry with some very well-done manual cleanup. And none of the performance/size issues of the previous photogrammetry uploads for Honolulu.

3 Likes

Very welcome, great pics!!!

1 Like

I agree. Just a question, however.
Does the rainbow on the Rainbow Tower at the Hilton Hawaii Village look kind of strange or is it just my eyes?

1 Like

I’ll have a closer look next time I fly there.

1 Like

No need. I re-checked it. It’s fine. My bad - Memory cramps are getting worse!

Please just disregard my comment.

1 Like

Here is a little addon for PHNL that I think deserves a bit more attention. It was conceived to work with the awful PHNL addon by JBAviation, but in fact works quite nicely with the combination of LimaJuliett and FreakyD’s addons. It adds features alongside the waterfront south of runway 22L/04R and includes extra vehicles (also on the highway), Dock1 with emergency services, animated Fire Deptartment launch in the bay, animated people, palm trees along the waterfront, static helicopters, and helipads.

PHNL extra helipads , people and vehicles for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Here is my review:

2 Likes

Oh my, I use that combo for PHNL!!! LimaJuliett, FreakyD. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Pearl Simulation’s PHTO.

Really a nicely modeled airport overall & not bloaty, however it needs some fixes.
There is no ATC/Tower available, so it is treated as a Uncontrolled Airport.
You can manually enter ILS 26 on 110.70 and fly it ap or hand, but the glideslope is a little high & seems to go horizontal at about 300’ baro. DME is functioning.

Helipads are modeled, but not functioning as start points.
AI airlines (real time) function and can be seen coming and going, but pretty quiet.
(That’s more of a sim issue however)

I’ve had this since it’s release and reported this last year also.
Sadly, it looks like Pearl Sim is no longer. Last post on their site was July 2022.

Still, if you can live with this, worth a purchase imo.

Thanks for the impressions!

Given the lukewarm reviews and lack of updates, I’ve stuck with the freeware combo:

• PHTO Hilo by JP (sadly no longer available at fs.to but appears to be archived here )

Airport ground textures:

1 Like

Good afternoon Hawaii simmers!!!

Like I did last winter with Alaska;

I am about to go on holidays from the VA, and head off to explore Hawaii (finally).

I have been collecting scenery for the area, just haven’t had time to go explore as of yet and so far have the following;

• World Update XIII
  • Seafront Simulations: The Hawaiian Islands
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHMU
  • Northern Sky Studio - HI01
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHHN
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHJH
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHMK
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHNY
  • Northern Sky Studio - PHOG

I am wondering what the experienced Hawaii simmers suggest to add to the list for scenery, addons, etc… to enhance the trip?

Thanks!

1 Like

Southoak in marketplace does some very nice ap’s, like Hanna and Port Allen amongst others.

2 Likes

NSS has done better versions of Hana and Lanai… Southoak is pretty mid-level…

1 Like

This awesome freeware of Honolulu the city, not airport. Hand crafted!!! :smiley: HAWAII-2020

3 Likes

As well, Kalaupapa airport comes with NSS MOLOKAI, which appears to be better than Southoak’s also.

2 Likes

New release here apparently:

5 Likes

Just came here to post this! Yes, finally!!!

2 Likes