Altitude Inaccuracy or ATC Confusion

Anyone found a fix for “please expedite your climb to xx,xxx” when baro is accurate and altitude is displaying true to baro? Note: this is new after the update for me on PC.

4 Likes

Known bug being worked on. Note it affects both built-in ATC and external networks like VATSIM. For AI ATC, simplest workaround is to not fly with live weather, but with one of the custom presets.

I turn off live weather when ascending above FL140 and turn it back on when descending below FL180

Yes I had this problem on my 86 minute flight from Boise to John Wayne/Orange County in the Longitude. Flight plan called for FL430 and I had to go up to FL455 before ATC stopped bothering me. And even then it was still messed up. But I did receive proper descent instructions.

Had this same issue yesterday on my flight form Grand Junction to Telluride. I just adjusted my barometer and ascended till ATC stopped bothering me.

Found this bug on a morning flight from Istanbul to Ankara. Thanks for the workaround - I’ll use it for the return flight!

It also happens with AI ATC and custom preset.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the feedback. Really unfortunate this was missed in testing.

I use PF3 for ATC and same thing, it keeps nagging me to climb or descend when I am spot on with the correct altitude.

ATC is still a port of the ATC from FSX. They’ve said for months they’ll fix it…nothing except now it’s even worse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.