Am I the "Oldest Flightsimmer"?

This conversation is slightly off-topic, but give some old guys a break.
Thanks for the info and pic. It looks as deadly as I remember except for the jetpacks which were not on the versions I saw. The articles I just read indicate that it could not have flown from March as I thought. Landing gear was hard on runways. Flew out of Fairfield-Suisun (Travis).
Correct mental history everyday. :wink:

2 Likes

86 here! Iā€™m livinā€™ those glory years that for sure
ainā€™t the good oleā€™ days!

7 Likes

Turned 84 this week . . . keep on hanginā€™ in there!! Iā€™m beginning to think this as good as it gets!

9 Likes

I was 91 in January

13 Likes

I turned 90 last May.

9 Likes

M20 Kockpit? Just trying to decipher that. My first payware was the Moooooney too

Probably a Mooney (model) M20 K pilot. An old M20 G tried to kill a friend of mine back in 1977 (ā€˜78?) when the air intake froze over in IMC while moving from Whiteman AFB to Vandenberg AFB. They did a TCTO on that model the next year to address that issue.
Regards

My Mooney was 231GV and was on the cover of AOPA Pilot in March 1980.

3 Likes

Wow!

Iā€™m only 66. :slight_smile:

But Iā€™ve been simming since the early 80s (started on a Commodore 64).
I remember I was thrilled with being able to fly over the Eiffel Tower, rendered in colored wire-frame.

3 Likes

Jimmy Stewart sends his regardsā€¦

Thanks, very interesting.

Iā€™m now watching the ā€œ12 Oā€™clock Highā€ TV Series on Netflix in bed until I doze off.
Also ā€œSuitsā€ which is great.
Iā€™ll also look for this one with Stewart or others on Netflix & Prime.

By the way, why propellers on the rear of the wings?
Is it better to pull from the front or push from the rear?

1 Like

Im a ā€œSEENIORā€ Seventy now and love my video simulations. BCsimPilot from the BC, Canada area

Sorry for the totally mildly off-topic post here. Quoting myself from this other closed topicā€¦

But this is OUT tomorrow :smiley:

1 Like