AMD FSR 2.0 enabling

Quick question, and just a bit confused.

I don’t have the option to do FSR from my settings in game. Is FSR only available with DX12?

I use DX11 because DX12 has been buggy with some of the aircraft I use.

1 Like

Search is your friend.

Lots of others too.

1 Like

thanks for the post, it appears that yes, DX 12 needs to be enabled as well. I hope my aircraft doesn’t glitch out. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Hello , had the same question. Basically you need to enable DX12 and changing the option from Anti Aliasing you should have the option to change to FSR 2.0 as long you have the latest 40th anniversary edition. Hope this help.

2 Likes

I’m running an RX 580 with DX12 and FSR capabilities for MSFS. When I try to enable DX 12 (Beta) in the Sim I am asked to restart the Sim for the changedls to take effect. However, when I do restart, the Sim reverts back to DX 11 and the FSR function is never an option. I have also tried restarting my PC and still nothing. Has anyone else had that issue?

Ah, yes, FSR hidden here, thanks!

1 Like

I just updated from a 580 and while DX12 bogged it down a bit, I had no fsr option.

I have now updated my GPU to a RX6800 and now when I enable DX12, the FSR 2 option is available. Also, there has been a new Radeon software update and they have added AFMF support for the RX6000 and 7000 models.