AMD GPU Optional 21.12.1 Available

I originally saw they added support for Icarus, but i’m about to restart my computer and try a quick flight before it drops to see whats up (if anything). Not expecting a magic bullet patch but who knows?

MSI Radeon 5500 XT OC
Ryzen 7 2700X
32gb DDR4

Post your findings if you’d like

Update: Seems okay so far. Doesn’t feel stuttery in first or 3rd person. Didn’t look at any metrics before and after so results may vary. Will try VR later

I would like to hear what kind of results you get with this new driver. I run a Ryzen 5 and 5700XT.

EDIT: I just completed a flight in Baron (no VR) of 232 nm and noticed no difference (+/-) in performance. I monitored the whole flight with AMD Link. I have setting at medium to high with a couple ultra. FPS is locked at 30, with Vsync on. My rendering is set to 100 and my LODs are set at 200.

I’m finally getting around to doing a proper flight. VR crashed on me sadly :frowning:

Doing a pancake flight from DEN>LAX (780nm) in the 78X. Currently @ FL400 w/ Live weather on the Steam test branch. In-game FPS says ~37-38fps which is odd because i’ve gotten upwards of 50 previously. Not sure if SU6 issue, the AMD patch or what.

Interestingly not using as much CPU or GPU as i could be (according to in-game FPS counter)

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it appears the game is being limited by my GPU. I have a 5500 XT OC and it runs at a default of 1720 and the OC from Radeon tuning is 1820 (for hardly any benefit). Boosting the VRAM crashed the drivers and game. Not gonna do that again…