Angry and disappointed request refund software

I purchased flight simulator 2020 because a new generation simulator, this promised that in addition to the graphics it would improve over time also as a real simulator with studio-type aircraft, instead we found ourselves with the complicity of Asobo and Microsoft a 777-200er then 777-300 and 777f copied from a 747 from CaptainSim which without salty mods would really suck.

it is ■■■■ that an airplane that is the same as a 747 (with many problems) to which only the shell has been changed, not even the weights and engines are correct, this thing was done thanks to your complicity that you have given permission to use your 747 which I repeat without mod would be a real ■■■■. You have to get it removed from the market.

Having said that I find it even more serious that the simulator gets worse every time an Update arrives instead of improving.

When I bought it I paid attention to many details, and I chose this simulator instead of others because the graphics were of the new generation and wonderful, but … already from the first update you can see very well how even just the clouds (it is just one example) have worsened a lot, as well as subsequently the trees and so on coming to touch a LOD that really sucks.

I understand that not everyone has the opportunity to have machines to run the sim in an ultra way and in vr, but with these updates you are penalizing those who built their machine by spending a lot of money to have spectacular graphics.

Now after the last update in addition to having other problems we find console graphics, this is a mockery for those who have spent money (a lot) to have a sim with screaming graphics with the hope that even the dynamics of flight improved with studio-type aircraft and not Frankenstein-type aircraft such as capitasim’s 777s.

I repeat with the latest update the graphics have worsened a lot, this in favor of the Microsoft console itself.

I do not understand this action and on my part it requires a refund of the “simulator” which has become an arcade allowing the sale of poor products, just think that the best airplanes are from third parties.

As a consumer, I feel fooled, I bought a product that is getting worse over time, making the investment for the powerful machine to be used with ultra graphics ridiculous, now like clouds, trees and many parts of the city I find myself one console graphics and I cannot accept such treatment.

The graphics like the flight must improve and not get worse, everyone must be allowed to play, even those with small or medium-power computers but … these will be through graphic settings to choose the level of detail based on the power they have available . you cannot level the game down but you have to do it upwards, if you continue like this in a few updates we will have 400fps and graphics from Minecraft. The thing should change, if you don’t have the capacity, or if marketing and sales are leading you to these solutions please reimburse me for the expenses incurred, at the most then I also buy a console to play at arcade level with a simulator that is becoming a game or buy a real simulator from your competitor.

Let us, PC users, decide if we want Xbox compatible clouds OR the clouds that made this Sim great.
In VR the clouds on Ultra are exactly the same as they were on Medium in SU4 and before, they are all massively downgraded to increase performance even on low-end PCs and consoles, and this is not only happening with clouds but also with trees. and the textures of the cities that are becoming cartoons.
It’s sad to see history repeating itself, and the console version will most likely be a ball and chain around our ankles for years to come unless, and until Asobo keeps its word, and improves the version. PCs with unique features to suit the much wider range of hardware that high-end PCs can have.
If the xbox and pc versions are on the same level, why did I buy a 2500 euro pc?
Asobo will have to add options and find ways to restore graphical fidelity to those with more resources. No more graphic degradation !!! No more Frankenstein airplanes !!! Keep the promises made at the beginning and allow only airplane companies or scenarios of a certain level to enter your marketplace !!!

40 Likes

There must be a hundreds of threads like this created the last couple of days. It’s tiresome. Wait for the patch coming in a couple of hours. Wait for the server parks to cool down a bit.

34 Likes

Agreed. I am fully in favour of people’s right to complain when they’re not happy about something, and exercise that right myself on a daily basis. But people creating individual threads to moan about the same issues again and again and again is indeed very tiresome.

19 Likes

Do not open / read this thread
Enjoy your flight, do something else

10 Likes

You’re right, but mine also talks about other things, such as airplanes on the verge of scam and not just the usual and continuous degradation in favor of consoles.
Here it is getting worse graphically and there are no improvements on the avionics part.
And it is also for this reason that if you read I also ask for a refund, from no other department I have read about someone requesting to be reimbursed for a product that at the beginning was one thing and is now being transformed into something else

2 Likes

It’s monotonous isn’t it.

5 Likes

That has little to do with it, my friend, because these threads are filling the forum from top to bottom. It means threads on any other subject are lost almost as soon as they’re posted, and hard to find for anyone who isn’t here to complain.

Which is something for a support ticket or direct communication, not a public forum…

8 Likes

Sure, Go get your refund. I once got a refund when I had bought the wrong expansion pack.
Good luck with it.

7 Likes

although I don’t disagree with majority of what you said its getting a bit boring now… nothing we can do but wait.

2 Likes

Yeah but isn’t it amazing how they make these mistakes over and over again? We can wait but if nobody complains they will never change it. The ‘whole performance update’ was just a result of them making the sim work on Xbox. It’s not a performance optimization without compromises.

We lost fidelity because the sim had to work on hardware with limited RAM available. It had to work by the 27th deadline.

5 Likes

i’m really enjoying the game, not doing long haul flights mainly exploring and training but find myself going back. There are issues like crashing on boot, deluxe issues with premium deluxe edition along with the odd slow down and judder but still enjoying it. I am not happy with the market place as it is slow and you have to have the game loaded to download content but with the hotas and pedal setup it is a really good chill out game.
I hope the issues mentioned above will be addressed look forward to future updates that will improve the overall experience.
I do find however the menu system could be refined a little, perhaps an update to make it more intuitive?

Always complaining about everyone and nothing you wanted fps you got them there are always a few things that will go wrong and that’s okay. They are trying to do the best they can, and complaining will not give asobo the motivation to improve the simulator. Take advantage, thank them already for their work, they will already release a patch to fix the ctd problems. Enjoy and fly. If you want to fly with a b777 on prepar3d and not MSFS, captainSim has made it clear that these are the base systems of the b747!

I’m in agreement with the topic author on this one.

I now feel as if MSFS 2020, throughout all this time, was being developed from the bottom up for Xbox, although the funding to do so was taken from us PC users. And this Xbox port is being forced on us PC users. For example: after I finished installing the SU5 update, why are there several xbox liveries on my SSD? I never asked for them. I don’t have a Xbox even!

And I have the suspicion that the reason all aircraft in MSFS 2020 feels so twitchy, lightweight and over-responsive if I don’t heavily customize/tinker with the default sensitivity settings is also because of Xbox, and Xbox controller specifically.

After installing SU5 I had to disable several Xbox-related UI and game mechanics before starting the first test flight. These mechanics were turned on by default. I never asked for these. I didn’t pay for a Xbox version of MSFS. Why is Xbox being shoved down my throat?

14 GBs of tutorials for Xbox. I never asked for them. Why was I forced to download them?

Edit: I am loving the FPS and performance improvements. Although something had to give, and graphics are slightly worse now, and there’s a little bit of stutter and temporarily lose of FPS when I’m panning around, I’ll take the FPS increase. During my sim-flights I’m in the virtual cockpit all the time and too busy with the aircraft and not scenery. So I don’t mind if graphical fidelity has been downgraded slightly in order to provide users with better fps and smoothness.

6 Likes

I agree completely and documented and posted bug reports on everything I found in the last 11 months as the sim de evolved. Sure the last build was the best we have had in a while and it was working well enough but the real shocker is not how they failed to fix critical issues but now they have essentially handed everyone on the PC a port from console. My thread was closed within 5 minutes of even asking for the PC build back. Massive censorship is going on here to keep damage control minimal.

Hope you enjoy running your new console port on PC people because that is exactly what we got. That is exactly why I said enough is enough and just left. It would take these guys two years at this rate to fix everything and the amount of new unwanted features is staggering assuming it even ran worth a ■■■■. Biggest bait and switch I have ever seen in my life just happened and most people are oblivious to it on these forums.

This is why we had to download an entirely new version of the game. It’s a console port now! I’m not asking for a refund or anything I got my time in but this is not the SIM I was playing last build not even close. I knew this was going to spark a debate too. I’m surprised more people aren’t all over it but like I said censorship is strong here.

2 Likes

patch? I didn’t hear about no patch. I mean it’s implied they’d drop one but still…patch?

I would not recommend giving up flight simming just because the standard 747 is not good enough.
Good study-level airliners will follow very very soon, after the 737 release which is at the mid of August of course the legend itself the PMDG 747 will follow in a few weeks till release date. Yess!!! Pure awesomeness.

And it is not new that the vanilla Airliners are … well… “worthless” is a harsh term but mostly “just there” and implemented to become AI planes - remember how bad for example the standard 737 in the older flight sims like Flight Sim 2004 was, until Aerosoft and PSS made some payware DLC like the PSS 777?
And the newer Flight Simulator X became THE simulator within for the most awesome DLCs I have ever flown for almost a decade.
And so will the new Flight Sim 20.

Airliners are highly complex machines and one must buy an airliner as DLC always from PMDG (decades ago it was Aerosoft, PSS, Blackbox Simulations, Level D - Captain Sim and PMDG were the best)… it has always been this way in the Flight Simulator. :wink:

If someone wants a highly complex fully simulated airliner, this will always only be possible with a highest quality study-level DLC when a whole development team is focused for years to recreate an absolute accurate study-level aircraft.

No more buying addons until they restore what we had before SU5!

2 Likes

I’ve decied that the only way to respond to these kinds of threads is to post a link to my round the world journal - I completed Leg 77 last night, and nearing the end of by near 90,000Nm journey. Having a blast. If you want, you can compare screenshots all the way back to August last year at launch and decide whatever you want to decide about visual fidelity. I know my views.

Hi, can you tell me with which machine you use the simulator and with which graphics settings it is activated?