Animated and Static Taxi Ribbon and UI mod as Community package

After a very long time I was finaly able to get this to work without overwriting the Core file.

**** V1.0 is full mod, V1.1 only contains the Taxi Ribbon mod. This is probably the best version to use until the color problem is fixed. ****

The UI elements should be mostly white, but due to a bug (no idea what or how yet, maybe SU9) there is a dark overlay. I’ll try my best to find a fix (not anytime soon though) or wait for Asobo to come with a patch/solution.

Anyway, feel free to mod it, the files speak for themself… But only upload on flightsim.to please.
Any problems with the file, let me know…

Small tip: You can use a Simvar “FLY ASSISTANT RIBBONS ACTIVE” to turn the Ribbon and Glidescope element On/Off.

Taxi Ribbon and UI mod link

Animated Taxi Ribbon link

***** Added a small animated sphere just to see if it was possible. *****

6 Likes

Interesting, I’m looking forward to see how I can do things differently from my:

Just a disclaimer though, I already have it setup as a Community folder mod myself with all the Dependencies and calling the CORE UI files first before the mod being loaded for the last few weeks. I also checked in the Content.xml file that my Subtle Taxi Ribbon does get loaded after the CORE content. But for some reason when I get taxi clearance, it’s still using the original taxi ribbon UI.

So I’m curious as to how you get yours working. And hopefully I can improve mine in the same way.

Also, can you move this from General Discussion to Third-Party Addon discussion category? If not, we might need to call an Admin to do it.

A “normal” Asobo_UI.BGL Community package will not work, I tried that many times since MSFS release when I found the file (Asobo_UI) I made a topic about it in October 2020.

If you know your way around, the files show you what to do, I exported some files with Blender and rebuild the files into a BGL. There is one extra file needed to get it to work, because the (official UI) assets load the GUID there, so I renamed those and load my assets instead. The whole thing kinda was a mess to get it to work though.

:+1: I know you’ve been working on this a long time since you were the person who first found the files that contained the taxi ribbon and edited them. I’m glad you finally found a solution.

1 Like

Thanks! It became a bit of a obsession. :joy: :smirk:

New version is uploaded and only contains the Taxi Ribbon if you are interested.

Animated Taxi Ribbon is now available