[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSim Studio Embraer 175

Hello all
I just wanted to reach out and check if anyone else has the same problem with their embraer 175. It was FPS heavy from the start on my machine, but now it’s getting riddikulus, to the point, when I can’t even take off. I reached out to FSS team and they told me to blank co-pilots screens, which helped after the last update, but not at all with this one.

Does anyone experience the same drop in fps? Any quick solutions? FSS team told me that they used different coding than all other developer so they’d have to recode all systems again (does not sound like they gonna do it anytime soon).
My machine is:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
64.0 GB RAM
Graph.card NVIDIA GeForce 3050 RTX

Best

Andrew

With this update you’re more or less screwed like i am. Nothing you can do to cure it than wait.
I guess in 14 days with teh next update it will be better again.
I also wondered about the decision they catered to people with very hi-end CPUs.
you would think they would’ve gone in the other direction regarding performance.
Systems seem to have taken a good step in the right direction but i can’t really judge because with the latest update it’s in the “unplayable” category for me…

It was a bad decision and i don’t see any official sign that they acknowledge that to the point thinking about a hotfix…

After the latest patch its the first time I have performance issues with the E175. The fps are bad and freelook broken wich make it even worse. I think its a good idea to wait for the next patch.

Well than, back to CRJ and RJ100 :slight_smile:

Just for comparison

I went on discord and the justification they gave for this performance degradation is bizarre.

Apparently they scrapped the changes they had made earlier to improve performance because they felt they were being unfair to a minority of people who own a high-end CPU and were experiencing laggy PFD because of these changes. This update benefits like 1% of users and hurts the other 99%.

I don’t expect performance optimizations anytime soon with that mindset. It seems that whatever they try they think they are being unfair to the high-end PC crowd.

Wait, what? I had to read your post few times to catch what is going on there. Well, that sounds like permanent parking of my embraer…
I emailed FSS support with the screenshot above hoping for explanation. I’ll see what they say and if it will be worth, will post the reply here.

I wouldn’t go that far because mindsets do change all the time.
I had trust that they set priorities in a ‘smart’ manner and not just listen to ‘everybody’ because ‘everybody’ has different priorities/wishes.

But for the product it is very important that while it is still work-in-progress and the systems need a lot of work: it should at least be fun flying it.
So yes: I’m disappointed about decisions taken but that is subject to change…

One of its biggest plus at the moment is its visuals but good visuals in slideshow mode - not.

I wonder what they consider “high end”. I have a 5800x3d/6900xt and did a before/after comparison. I lost a few fps for sure (was already barely acceptable) but the PFD still seems very laggy so not sure where the “improvement” is.

I do like this plane a lot, but performance should be #1 priority before any features. This is a less complex plane than many others and yet still has the worst fps of any plane I own.

I am getting good performance with the E-175 on my system with the latest update. This system was purchased in 2018, and would no longer be considered “high end” in any way. The processor is an Intel 8700, 3.7 GHz, with an 11 GB GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. I have added a second 1 TB hard drive for FS2020 and increased the memory to 64 GB. All was working fine until a couple of days ago when the ‘white screen’ problem started with the Cessna Longitude . That was resolved by emptying the Community folder, but then the E-175 ‘activation issue’ started. I am adding files back into the Community folder as I try to resolve the white screen problem. At least I can fly the sim again.

Definitely a performance drag with the E175. I’d put it at about the level of the Fenix A320 in terms of FPS hit. I assume it’s the separately-calculated displays that’s hammering the CPU…

Helpful hint for GSX/Simbrief users: the Simbrief default profile for the E175 has an aircraft code of E170, while the sim aircraft cfg uses E175. Therefore, you’ll get an airframe mismatch from GSX if you try to use your SimBrief flight with the E175. A simple fix, though: create a new airframe in your SimBrief fleet from the default E175, and just change the aircraft code to “E175” and save it. Use that profile to generate your flightplan instead of the default E175, and it will work properly with GSX.

2 Likes

Extremely degraded performance for me too since updating to 0.9.3. I was somewhere between 25-30fps on high settings before which is fine by me however I am now 5-10fps!!! Terrible performance hit. Was enjoying this aircraft a lot despite it being work in progress.

I would be ok with this if it was an open beta but to have charged people £35 they need to be providing a useable product for their customers while they are improving the aircraft. If they are not prepared to do this then they shouldn’t have charged. I took a punt on this as I like the aircraft but also to support what seems like a genuine developer so not too happy with the latest turn of events. Hopefully they will get this performance issue rectified asap.

My PC
5800x3d
Intel Arc A770
32Gb ram
1440p Ultrawide monitor

Since the last update of the embraer 175LR I have found that when the plane destiture runway off the scenery “sobs” slightly.

I was very pleased at first and had high hopes but the last update broke the performance. It’s actually worse than that, even with lowering the settings the performance doesn’t pick up. (RTX4080!)
Seems like the developers are way over their heads with the development of such a plane.
I am very pessimistic about the future after this update.

1 Like

Agree. Rocking a pretty high end system here also with 4080 and the performance is terrible. I too have now become quite pessimistic about this products future.

Actually quite true to live. Many real ones (new generation E2) are grounded as well due to engine problems…

But it’s a real shame.

hello,

for me since the last update, the plane is unflyable, a lot of stuttering, very disappointed :face_exhaling:
I tested with the empty community folder in case but nothing to do
I will wait for the next update

bye

I’m very happy of not buying this disaster of a plane.
Not because of the bugs themselves, because things can get fixed but because of the devs.
They have showed a very bad atittude towards the community and about half of the things they said make no sense. Starting of course with “VNAV is not used in real operations” and now this…

I just hope they haven’t lied to all the people that bought this about the upcoming changes and variants.

Hello
I don’t know if I’d agree to a “disaster of a plane”, but I am very unhappy about the performance and I hope this gets addressed in upcoming update, according to their website of 21st Feb.
Anyway, as I promised, I got the reply from FSS team regarding performance:

thanks for getting in touch and your support of our E-Jets Early Access.

We are currently aware of 2 performance issues. Both can be identified in the FPS debug.

1. Limited by Manipulators. This is a very unlikely situation. Manipulators are responsible for interaction with the 3D cockpit. They can be placed on certain things in the cockpit, like buttons or levers. However, there is no possibility to change them in terms of appearance or properties. The reason for the performance reduction is therefore not clear to us and unfortunately cannot be solved from our side (at least we don’t know how). Other aircraft in MSFS also have this problem (like the A310), so it is known and already reported to Asobo. Let’s hope that they will take care of this problem soon. However this issue only appears on certain hardware combinations. In our test lab we have one hardware combination with this issue, the others work fine.
  2. Limited by CoherentGT. This indicates problems in the JS files that are responsible for the aircraft displays. Also this problem only occurs with some hardware combinations. Unlike in point 1, however, we can take action here: We have already started to optimize the code. Additionally I recommend to turn off the first officer PFD and MFD by setting the brightness to 0. This already leads to an improvement. In the long run, we will also migrate the screens to C++, which runs much more performant (the system logic of the aircraft already uses this). However, this is a major undertaking and will not be implemented overnight.

We are aware that we need to achieve better performance and are already working hard on this. Please read the changelogs of our upcoming updates. We will definitely note when we have made optimizations in this regard.

a.k.a.
We know, we might fix it, we might not…

1 Like

Once again nothing they said makes any sense. We have a complete 737-900ER performing better, no excuses.

3 Likes

Of course what they say makes sense but it’s very unsatisfying.
More unsatisfying is that they don‘t roll back the change to the displays to the state it had before.
And that they don‘t talk about that option is what is worrying me as it indicates that they have an unsatisfying sense of what harms their reputation and what doesn‘t…

It will get harder and harder for them to recover from the damage done…

3 Likes