[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Thank you RadicalCavy! It is very important to know community opinion about any PC-6 issues from the installation procedure up to the user interface and Turboprop dynamics.

6 Likes

So instead of thinking of it as trying to pre-empt a competitive launch, we can think of them as collecting free feedback for you. :slight_smile:

A few features I’d love to see when I buy yours: Compatibility with G1000NXI, no DRM process added to my system, and no need to disable my spoiler axis. Those would be cool features to have, that I do not have on the PC-6 I bought tonight.

I mean, I’m buying yours anyway. Your dev posts and videos have provided me tons of entertainment and some education on the dev process, so I owe you, plus you’ve got the float version.

9 Likes

This 100%.

I know business is business
 it is a jungle. But it saddens me that the most transparent developer of high fidelity aircraft that has documented every single little step in the journey is being cut off by an old fox who did not shown any screenshot or progress just to undercut a new developer. It seems the lesson here is to not be transparent and therefore have an ace in the sleeve when someone else show their progress
 so you can rush out yours before theirs, as you know exactly where that other project stands in terms of development. I hope this will not affect FSG profit and FSG’s attitude to transparent development in the future.

11 Likes

I’d add GTN750 Support to this too please. I use that religiously and know a lot of folks do too so an option to switch between the G1000XI and GTN750 (Both work via sim’s core functions) will be best of both worlds!

2 Likes

Actually, as I look at the cockpit, doesn’t look like this PC-6 even uses the G1000, so that should avoid any incompatibility issues anyway if so.

An A-27 version, DRMs, these two awful huges G1000 and not even a poor lonesome skydiver to drop :roll_eyes:
And what is this new way to get customers loyalty saying “Buy now a non finished product or you’ll pay more for the future version.”
Paying more ? Perhaps we will be a lot to not pay at all !
Future version ? Here in France we have a statement saying “Les promesses n’engagent que ceux qui y croient”.

8 Likes

Yeah I actually just went to look at latest video and looked at avionics properly given I never did as was following the gagues and other details along eith pretty views (opps) and it seems that the GTN750 is already installed which is great. I do agree though the option for a G1000XI would be very nice even if just down the line

This version is not out yet, does not have DRMs and is Steam gauge.

1 Like

Can you be more prcise on this point please ?

1 Like

The Milviz release requires you disable your spoiler mapping. This version does not.

I know it’s not out. It’s only a promise yet

And I didn’t read anywhere it will be without DRMs.

OK, so it will definitively be without me !

Thank you for the feedback! We really appreciate any information regarding PC-6. We don’t have MV PC-6 yet, but what the problem with G1000NXI compatibility and why you should disable spoiler axis?

P.S. Spoiler axis!!! :grinning:
Ok! For those who interesting. We don’t use spoilers or any other tricks to simulate PC-6 “beta”. FSG developed High Fidelity Flight Model and custom PT6A-34 Turboprop to recreate unique PC-6 flight dynamics at the all Flight phases inside the modern MSFS flight simulation platform. We are making the same airplane but what we already know they are completely different products.

14 Likes

This really is a huge letdown. I thought Milvis were supposed to be some of the better devs? To me this product has more red flags to buying as anything many other new, one team devs have been called out for.

1 Like

btw, no idea what your plans are for the cockpit, but please make a clean version as well.
Personally I cannot stand the ‘used and scratched’ look of some cockpits.

matter of taste, I guess.

3 Likes

Hi darshonaut!
We use Armorpaint 3D PBR texturing which is fully compatible with modern lights, reflection and shadows implemented in MSFS graphics. We will not use an old FSX texturing techniques adding extra shadow for corners. If use an old FSX textures a 3D objects look unnaturally dark or “cartoonish” inside MSFS environment. We are experimenting and developing new texturing techniques fro MSFS.

2 Likes

I meant more, some people make their arcraft and the cockpit looks 50 years old and has scratches everywhere like the plane was never taken good care of.

I like my cockpits looking brand new :+1:

2 Likes

Our PC-6 will be from 2019 and not from 1959! :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

I will definitely wait for your publicization. Not only because I was able to follow the developement of your baby here.
Milviz cam out a bit of nowhere with the Porter. What I do not like - G1000 in general for this bird and the kind of use. No WT and NXi - until stable relase? Standard six when? GTN750? Amphibious with working rudder? Way too many questions. I can resist to the special price 

And as Flightsim UA already mentioned - disable spoiler axis. My first thoughts too: trick for BETA mode.
Of course - it is business and Milviz is the first.
But as it is right now, I’m thinking - do your thing 

Best regards

8 Likes

Thank you ThaiGer52!
Any new aircraft for MSFS is a bright event! And we are really happy to see PC-6 for MSFS. We will learn a lot from this release!

5 Likes